Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: fuel pump will not stop running

Got the Aagaard pump kit. Installed and everything works as it should, awesome!! The kit came with a Quantum regulator which I had already replaced, so I now have a spare. Just a bit of food for thought but the bad pump was a Quantum, not judging just reporting. Not sure what the take away from all of this is. I guess to do the troubleshooting necessary to condense the problem down to the the most obvious cause. Big THANK YOU to Rays and Barrett for all the t/s'ing help. You guys are the best.

My pleasure. I supply either Airtex or Walbro electric pump motors depending on customer preference. Chaz uses Walbro. Both are finest quality available. I don't trust any other brand. So it appears that clearly your pump motor had shorted internally and found its ground source via the motor-to-pump attachment bracket. Wild stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ajax5777 View Post
    Not sure what the take away from all of this is. I guess to do the troubleshooting necessary to condense the problem down to the the most obvious cause.
    Here in lies the problem most people fail to overcome. Glad you figured it out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123