Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front+Rear Isolators

I will have to look at my S3T and see what it looks like. I’m just not getting it right in my head.

34nineteen. if I have the batch made up Sunday I will get one coming your direction. I think the first set with the windows for front and rear movement like the stock ones.

No rush. My baby is sleeping in the garage anyhow since that damn CoOter got me into the track life. Do you still have that fubar-ed pulley I sent you?

Ol' chicken strips above is looking for 8" thick knee pucks so he can finally drag a knee. Maybe you could cast some of those for him?

Actually this isnt true any more. I lengthened the kickstand.

Ok so plans are currently in the following order - I'm not made of money so I have to stage this out:

Gonna order the stuff I need to make the mold while I am on vacation. Unfortunately my wife is putting me out of commission for 9 days towards the end of the month. ae37fb25-292e-42cc-a7b4-cfe98f0673d8_text.gif
    I have an idea to make a poor mans vacuum chamber so we'll see how that works out - but should help with the pour consistency and ensure inside the mold there are the least amount of air bubbles possible.

I'll buy the 2 new isolators when I get back from vacation unless I can find a deal before then - vacation is going to be CONUS mostly so I should have cell service and will keep eye out.

The following paycheck I will buy 2 of the dead ones from fleabay or somewhere else for stripping to be the test setup and the front triple tree stand.

I got the bike lifting setup put together in the garage today when my wife was out, so it's prepared to be suspended from the ceiling. The factory manual calls for a bottle jack to support the jack point - is there any better solution to doing this (I have an aftermarket supertrapp muffler)? I have cut a piece of wood to distribute the lifting force across the entire jack-acceptable surface, but that's about all I got at this time. I was thinking about having a friend from work 3d print a stand that would fit through the shock/swingarm area - would brace against the entire jack point and allow you to hook it up to a standard car floor jack for support...not sure if it's worthwhile, hence the question.

received_778726223598478.jpg

Abracadabra Balance it on one jack, lol.
    Great work you guys are up to! Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWood View Post
    received_778726223598478.jpg

Abracadabra Balance it on one jack, lol.
    Great work you guys are up to! Cheers.
    Thats neato. Unfortunately I have 3 little children, so that degree of precariousness might be unsat if my wife sees (which she will, suburbia, 1 garage)
    Last edited by avenger09123; 04-09-2023 at 05:20 AM.

I have been busier than I thought I would be and didn’t look at the S3t walked by it at least a dozen times. Maybe in the morning.

34nineteen yes I still have it in the garage didn’t know if you were going to need it for shipping claim and forgot about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12