Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Went and looked at this today..what do yall think

Is this purchase for fun? Then sure! Why the Hell not. It's not my money and there plenty of peeps on here to help guide you through diagnostics.

Or do you need to get to your job on it starting Monday? Umm, type "Honda scooter" in the Cycle Trader

Thats my biggest thing, is not having 5k in a bike thats only worth 3 tops when done. They didn't want to take a grand for it, they think its some how worth more.. They can keep it. Ill just have to drive to find one, this one was in town which was nice..

Hopefully you're not under the impression that a motorcycle is a great investment and a money maker. This isnt going to be something you'll be able to spit shine, ride around until you're bored, flip it and make a few bucks. The bike is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and people buying Buells fall into 2 camps.

1. The guy who has $1500 and is looking for a cheap literbike to show off to his friends. This person is easy spot as they know nothing about the bike, except that its a cheap 1200cc sportbike.
    2. Someone specifically looking for a Buell. This person has done their homework and is looking for something specific and usually in very good shape (and often willing to pay for it). This person is pretty rare, but their out there.

XB's have not hit the point of being collectible (and probably never will) and with parts supply drying up quickly, all its going to take is some random part not being available to turn it into a paperweight. The front isolator would be one of those parts. Luckily cvc and Twin motorcycles are working on replacements now. But what about the rear isolator? Belts for certain models are getting tricky to find also. The guys at the new Buell are only concerned about the 1190 platform and above.

As long as the motors not knocking, and all the parts are intact and not broken, $2K wouldnt be unreasonable. But if it does need a belt, tires, and other parts, that $2K bike could easily turn into a $3K purchase.

You should buy this one
    https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...wless-like-new

The extra money will be worth it.
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

Just a thought about the parts situation, if you look at other marques that went out of business, once the factory parts dry up the enthusiast community and aftermarket stepped in and solved the problems. My example is my 75 Commando, out of business going on 47 years. I can't buy every factory correct part but everything you need is available. I agree with 34nineteen that XB's aren't collectible but they are engaging fun motorcycles and people love their Buells. I pondered this before i bought my Ulysses last fall, my feeling is it will all work itself out.

XB's can't ever be "collectable", until after the part supply dries up for awhile.

It's getting closer, but still way too many of them out there, way too many NOS and used parts left, and Buell never had the customer base with disposable cash and extra space to keep them mint (with few exceptions we are glad to know)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12