Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: it's a simple thing but....

Quote Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
    Well, 'm 80, I've been fooling around with motorcycles and race cars for at least 50 of those years and I've installed many foot pegs and springs in that time. The reason I'm fooling with these is that I'm replacing the aftermarket pegs and linkage with the oem ones and I've come to the concluson that these springs are for the aftermarket pegs so I'm ordering ne springs to go with the oem pegs. If that doesn't work them I'll sell my toolbax and tools and get a generic asian utensil to drive around
    Cheers,
    Warren
    Sorry that came off a bit harsh. This is a very simple thing to do, so something must be wrong. Its a bit of a trick to do without the screwdriver/drill bit/allen wrench in place, and just pushing the pin in by itself.

Line up and position everything with the screwdriver/punch/drill bit/allen in place (from the bottom). One hand on the screwdriver and the other on the peg manuevering the assembly around to line it all up with the hole. You may want to put slight pressure on the screwdriver or whatever, tp help guide/line everything up. When you get the screwdriver through, then use the pin, to push the screwdriver back out. Its easier if you use a screwdriver (or whatever) that is almost the same thickness of the pin.

Ya, repeating Cooters advise seems to be what goes on here a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Ya, repeating Cooters advise seems to be what goes on here a lot.

That reminds me of the old saying, "No good deed goes unpunished".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12