Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Video cams (GoPro, Insta 360, or...?)

Attached to the right side of the handlebars with a claw mount. This is one of the best positions that I have found. I get too nervous the camera is falling off if I can't see it.

Crazy, it's invisible in the vids.

That takes great videos.
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

Yea, it edits itself out of the videos automatically. Depends on positioning, sometimes you will see a bit of it.

Thanks! I'm loving it. I will get some videos of the Uly soon.

Alright. As promised here is more underwhelming footage, but this time on the Buell! With Wheelies! I edited this on my phone and forgot to change the aspect ratio... oops.
    Last edited by c3powil; 05-04-2023 at 03:42 PM.

It does an amazing job of damping the handlebar vibrations too

It really does. I even went over a couple of speedbumps in the earlier videos and it wasn't very noticeable at all. Overall, I'm very impressed with this camera. I can take off and put it back on super easily, battery life is good enough that I can travel to work and back with it on loop mode for maybe a full week without needing to charge.

I'll try and get some better videos of the Ulysses in action and learn some actual editing skills. If anything worthwhile comes of it, I'll create a thread in the User's Bikes section.

I do think this is a good time to share this important PSA

https://youtu.be/dechvhb0Meo
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

I got a 360 X2 last year and video my trip in the Himalaya's. Got so much amazing footage, but the bad side is how much data you have. It is just about 4 Terabyte of data for 8 days of riding. I am not good at editing video footage so I don't even really know where to start. "What do I put in? What do I leave out?" The 360 cameras are absolutely amazing at what they do though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusiphur View Post
    I do think this is a good time to share this important PSA

https://youtu.be/dechvhb0Meo
    That's hilarious. I have to admit, I cringed when I saw it was still in that aspect ration, but too lazy to go back and re-upload the whole thing.

Next time I will "just say no" to George Lucas.

Quote Originally Posted by zappash View Post
    I got a 360 X2 last year and video my trip in the Himalaya's. Got so much amazing footage, but the bad side is how much data you have. It is just about 4 Terabyte of data for 8 days of riding. I am not good at editing video footage so I don't even really know where to start. "What do I put in? What do I leave out?" The 360 cameras are absolutely amazing at what they do though.
    You're not wrong! It make sense that filming in 5.7k is a must for 360 video, though, since the edited clips will be just a fraction of that footage at 1080p. I got no idea where I'd start with editing. I guess go with the start, add the end in there, and put anything interesting in between.
    Last edited by c3powil; 05-05-2023 at 12:48 PM.

Editing has gotten much easier, and the tools are simplified dramatically since even a few years ago. I remember editing old GoPro 1 Glamis footage and it worked out to about an hour of editing time, for every minute of video. And they sucked

Things are much better now. Heck ChatGPT the thing and see what happens?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast