Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Video cams (GoPro, Insta 360, or...?)

You're right. I cant even pull a decent wheelie. What would be the point.

Quote Originally Posted by c3powil View Post
    You're right, I cant even pull a decent wheelie. What would be the point?
    Fixed it for you.

Post it as a youtube video and put the links here, like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhtujNaJgkU

I'd be interested in it, and the thread is about Video Cams, so I'd consider it relevant and it could help others when they are researching a camera in the sea of offerings out there.

P.S. I can't even pull a wheelie (let alone a decent one), but am a pro at being a smack talking keyboard warrior.

Nice potato footage! LOLOL she was kicking butt that day

"Pro" done by the local track photog:

My first bike mounted vid.. on its side (sorry, thought I could fix it in post lol). But mounted to the fork lower and look how smooth it is!

And finally 2 minutes of it mounted on the front body work, following Bubbles at a medium pace while she checks her lines and gets the low-side out of her head.

If you hit the film looking button above and put the link in it, you'll get those previews

I have a habit of not putting question marks after rhetorical questions when online.

Those shots are killer. Love the fairing mounted position. I'm more interested in having a camera as a "dashcam" rather than documenting anything about myself or my riding. The Gopro does take very nice and smooth footage, though.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...5jM3RsM1pxSF93

Okay here's my first lame commute video edit on the Honda. Learning how to actually use the camera and edit the videos is more involved than I imagined it would be, but is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. This camera position was not my favorite view, but I'll get some helmet mounted shots at some point.

OK, I'm interested. Epic wheelie or not.

Is the camera rotating by itself on its mount? Or are you holding the camera and rotating (assuming you are riding on the back)?

Simply breathtaking, what an amazing video! The end is so worth it!!! Gosh darn that was fun

Glad you got it up and running C3!

Just me riding. No camera rotation. It's a 360 degree view camera, which utilizes two hemispherical lenses, one on each side. It automatically adjusts via software for the "seam" in between, and does a pretty great job of it. It also does a decent job of editing out it's own mount and/or "selfie" stick. Afterwards, you can edit the footage via computer or phone app to show whatever view you want, hence the "turning". I've found a better position on the handlebars which give a fantastic view all around.

The camera films in 5.7k at 360 view, but when you edit it, you can only show a small piece of the view, so it gets limited to 1080p. You can film a single side at a time like a regular camera in higher res.
    Last edited by c3powil; 04-21-2023 at 06:44 PM.

Okay, here is another boring commute edit on the Honda. It's a better camera position that isn't on my helmet.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AhCnKsU8XnkxZMx88

where was the camera located on that last video?

Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast