Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Check engine light

No offense taken. I really appreciate all the help on this.

I have an 09 xb12xt servo. I messaged you

Thanks but I ordered up a new unit and it's been installed.

She's running perfectly like she should thanks to everyone's help!

This is contagious, I just replaced my muffler and figured I would check the actuator, it's NG. I took it apart and it's like brand new outside and inside, no burn smell either and the lube looks new. The bike always ran good and there is no CEL. checked all the electric as best I could and seems to be all good. I bought it with 4200 miles and it is completely stock. Now it's got me wondering if it ever worked at all, I seem to remember checking it a few years back but I'm getting old so who knows ? Both the new to me special ops and old original muffler valves turn freely by hand so it was a bit of a shock when it didn't work. I tried jumping it directly but no good, kind of pisses me off when stuff doesn't make sense.

I have the 08 shop manual with the schematic but for some reason it only shows the Japan version which only shows 3 wires. The throttle position sensor must have something to do with the actuator otherwise how would it know when your at full throttle, sucks when your not good with electric.

Oh well I guess I'll go the Doorman route too, I hope it works.

Just a side note and FYI... when welding the bell crank onto the Dorman unit be sure to use a stainless steel welder/welding rod. The bell crank and Dorman unit are both stainless steel.

This might be obvious to some but others might find this info useful.

Well not being a welder this is good info though it's too late, still good for those that haven't fixed it yet. We used one of those wire welders, mig ? It seems to have worked but would explain why we had a slight hard time welding it. It's all back together and seems to work O.K. though only time will tell.

John, I went according to your instructions checked everything in proper sequence. Still pisses me off that it's like new but it is from 2008 so everything gets old. My neighbor is going to check out the circuit board but I think the little motor may have given out.

I have a Buelltooth ?,. But it's from the 07 SS so I don't even know if the right tune is still in it as I never down loaded the tune that came with it back from the 07, I guess I might have to order another one, sucks not knowing this computer stuff.

I'll let you all know how it rides tomorrow.

Thanks

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    2008 model year???????????????????? All stock????? Knowing how these things unnerve you, I wouldn't dick with it, Kenny. Do below instead:

Do a simple TPS reset via the throttle twist grip as outlined in OWNERS manual.
    Ride in learn mode for approx 25 miles
    If still dissatisfied with fueling...rideability...overall feel and performance...remove your ECM and send to below. Wonderful guys, quick turn-around, reasonable pricing, top quality work.

https://idspd.com/xcart/buell-products.html

Will do John, big Thanks.

The Dorman actuator is working well, I did the learn mode 25 miles and it seems to be more steady at cruising speed now ( thanks John )The Buelltooth is also working and all specs seem to he good.

While I really like this Special Ops muffler it's not easy to find a tune for it and right now I just have to put up with the decel popping.

Thanks to all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123