Thread: Puig shield question

Puig shield question

So my xb12xt has a Puig tall shield on it that I had to remove to work on something behind the dash. The shield was held on my nylon push bolts. My 1st question is , is this the way it's supposed to be fastened? Seems kindof mickey mouse to me. If this is the right was the bottom 2 push bolts must be about 2 inches long. Where can II find them. I looked at Amazon and a couple fastener sites with no luck. Any suggestions?

I don't know. Looking up the part number will get a copy of the old instructions?

Ace/True Value Hardware has a great assortment of that stuff. Take one in, and the old grumpy retired dude working the fastener section will probably know right where it is. My dream job

How about showing us a picture of this tall wind shield, I've been looking for one ?

So true, I was there last week and had the same experience.

after a little research I find it is just a universal Puig shield. So I just fastened it with universal fasteners. Much better than push bolts. Push bolts may be ok wading in creek beds but no so much when you're going 90mph down the hiway. Might get decapitated. I'll post a picture shortly.
    Cheers,
    Warren