Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fork leaking

Hey 3419 - thanks for your helpful info. I didn't know about Stillwell. I gave them a call and they said bring the forks in and they would source the parts & do the work. And they are only 2-3 miles from my home! Now I just have to get the forks off. Maybe I'll finally have to get that Harbor Freight bike lift. But first I'll try the film trick. Anyone local going to the Cars & Coffee thing tomorrow or the FourTillFour thing on Sunday? I'm going to both on my V-Rod...

Quote Originally Posted by ksquare View Post
    Hey 3419 - thanks for your helpful info. I didn't know about Stillwell. I gave them a call and they said bring the forks in and they would source the parts & do the work. And they are only 2-3 miles from my home! Now I just have to get the forks off. Maybe I'll finally have to get that Harbor Freight bike lift. But first I'll try the film trick. Anyone local going to the Cars & Coffee thing tomorrow or the FourTillFour thing on Sunday? I'm going to both on my V-Rod...
    I dont think thats going to help you for this. Just do the ladder and ratchet strap trick along with a rear stand and it should be fine. Or source a front stand that lifts by the steering head/stem, not the forks.

I dont know why I have such a hard time investing in one of those. Its not like I'm only going to use it once and never again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12