Thread: New Super Cruiser

New Super Cruiser

Hi there , does anyone know if any bike shop in NZ will be importing the new Buell Super Cruiser

Cheers Rako

You may want to reach out to Buell directly to see if any arrangements are in place, or being made for a NZ distributor. If there is, it could help move the needle for them (Buell and the distributor) to know that there is demand in NZ.

It sounds like they are *trying* to go consumer direct, but not sure how that will work out with international customers.

I know they sold an EBR (oops... ) 'New Buell" 1190 to a gentleman in Greece directly. Not sure if it's just the loose rules in Greece but I'm positive that they'd be happy to try and sell as many as possible.

So, my new and original idea is to reach out to Buell directly and see if any arrangements are in place, or are being made for a NZ distributor. If there is, it could help move the needle for them (Buell and the distributor) to know that there is demand in NZ.

I also thing that it sounds like they are *trying* to go consumer direct, but not sure how that will work out with international customers.

You're not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I know they sold an EBR (oops... ) 'New Buell" 1190 to a gentleman in Greece directly. Not sure if it's just the loose rules in Greece but I'm positive that they'd be happy to try and sell as many as possible.

So, if this is the case and the same applies to NZ... why would a distributor want to import these? No reseller is going to want to compete directly with their supplier, nor anyone coming into just "showroom" the bike. While that works great for Buell, it leaves the importer with all the risk and none of the reward.

I think they're just selling whatever they can at the moment. If they get a distributer to sign on, well I hope theres an agreement to stop selling direct. At least in that distributers area.