Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xb12r won't start

Xb12r won't start

I have a 2007 xb12r that has sat for the better part of 3 years. Bike cranks over fine and will fire when starting fluid is sprayed down intake. 1st thing I checked was the fuel line. Disconnected the line running into the rail. Fuel comes pumping out at what seems like a very high flow when key is turned. Then took out the injectors cleaned them then bench tested them, they sprayed fine. Put it back together same thing only fires with starting fluid. What should I check next thanks for the help in advance.

Or fouled plugs. They will run on ether, and not fuel. Buells foul plugs very very easily.

To Barretts valid point, you can test the ECM/Fuel pump/injectors/ and ALL related wiring, without removing anything using ECMDroid and a Buelltooth device. from here:
    https://www.rev-mo.com

You can also tee in a fuel pressure gauge at the line using this $13 thing:
    https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-800-17...a-570582703664
    Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 7.45.46 PM.png
    or spend $45:
    https://www.freedomracing.com/fuel-p...waAnu9EALw_wcB

Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 7.46.35 PM.png
    Last edited by Cooter; 05-16-2023 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post

You can also tee in a fuel pressure gauge at the line using this $13 thing:

You're a $13 thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    You're a $13 thing.
    Finally! What a compliment!

I bought the EMC Bluethooth device. Should be here today so hopefully I can see what's wrong this weekend and get it going soon

Ok I got the buellthooth. I clicked on fuel pump makes nose like should but doesn't tell me if it's good or bad. Did both front and rear injectors both click while going through the test aging doesn't say if it passed or failed. Is it just the fact I can hear it. I have new plugs coming In tomorrow but incase that's not the problem what's next? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Kkyyllee10 View Post
    Ok I got the buellthooth. I clicked on fuel pump makes nose like should but doesn't tell me if it's good or bad. Did both front and rear injectors both click while going through the test aging doesn't say if it passed or failed. Is it just the fact I can hear it. I have new plugs coming In tomorrow but incase that's not the problem what's next? Thanks in advance
    Put a fuel pressure gauge on the line to see if the pump is making adequate fuel pressure. It doesnt make a difference what noise it makes if its not delivering enough fuel or fuel pressure to make it run.

You should test the injectors one or two times and be sure to test the coils right after. You'll know if they're working.

You should test the injectors one or two times and be sure to test the coils right after. You'll know if they're working.
    Best to take the muffler and the air box off before performing a test like that, just to make sure fire is going the right direction.

If you have an extra coil, you should substitute it in place of what you have in there currently to make sure that isnt your problem.

Make sure to put a large "X" on one of them so you dont get them mixed up.

This will never get old. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast