Thread: Easily confused

Easily confused

So I went on RMATV for tires for the Ully, they list most of X Buells to choose from for figment but no mention of the Ully. With the exception of the STT don't they all take the same size tires ? I figured I'd ask first instead of having to return tires for being ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    So I went on RMATV for tires for the Ully, they list most of X Buells to choose from for figment but no mention of the Ully. With the exception of the STT don't they all take the same size tires ? I figured I'd ask first instead of having to return tires for being ignorant.
    I think the published size was 180/55, but I've always run 190/50 on my XB's. I've heard stories of both coming from the factory.

Of course, I couldnt be bothered to do any real research on this. Maybe CoOter (aka Jim Trenton) knows more.

Kenny: All the X Ulysses....XT...Stt models take exactly the same tire sizes. See below.

Front tire size is 120/70R-17------ Rear tire size is 180/55R-17

Yeah John, that's what figured but I was puzzled by them listing all the XB's except the Ully, didn't make any sense.

Those Shinko's 009 Raven's seem to be getting some good reviews and for less than 200 bucks I figured I would try them since the Michelin's 6's are well over $400.

I don't think they make them in a 190/50.
    Last edited by njloco; 05-25-2023 at 02:49 AM.

I was running a Raven 009 with good results. When I changed out, I went with the Shinko 705. They don't make it in the 180/55 (I complained to Shinko USA) - I went with the 170/60.

Can't tell a difference in handling, but apparently it make my butt look bigger.

I had Shinko Ravens on one of my SV650's. It felt "limited" but I think it was a great tire on a bike like the SV. I'd *imagine* that tire may be overtaxed on the XB, especially if you push it. Since it was an SV, I was running a 165.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 05-25-2023 at 04:29 PM.

Too bad the Michelin 6's are so much. I love the PR5's on my Ss and have about 11,000 miles on them, which is remarkable for such a sticky tire thats also so good in the wet!