Thread: Frame Sliders?

Frame Sliders?

I'm having issues with the protective rubber pieces on the sides of the frame (I titled the post frame sliders because I'm not sure what they're called) on my Buell XB9R. One of them is starting to peel off. If anyone has experience with mending this part your guidance would be greatly appreciated. I attached an image of the part I'm describing, and another image of a top view that shows where the piece is starting to separate from the frame.
    Thanksthumbnail_image_67188225.jpgthumbnail_image_67199233.jpg

A piece of fishing line is a good way to separate the sticky tape from the frame without damaging the EPS behind the frame puck. Re-apply with 3M trim tape and you should be fine. A warm day will help tremendously.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    A piece of fishing line is a good way to separate the sticky tape from the frame without damaging the EPS behind the frame puck. Re-apply with 3M trim tape and you should be fine. A warm day will help tremendously.
    Sounds good, I'll give that a try. Thanks.

99% rubbing alcohol does a good job of cleaning the frame before reapplying the frame pucks.

Quote Originally Posted by cvc View Post
    99% rubbing alcohol does a good job of cleaning the frame before reapplying the frame pucks.
    To add to cvc's comment. I've been able to remove the pucks by pouring rubbing alcohol in the seam between the puck and frame and applying light prying pressure using a plastic putty knife.

The alcohol will loosen the adhesive just a little, and the light prying force will expose the next "layer" to pour alcohol on to loosen.

Sometimes it would loosen the tape from the puck and sometimes it loosens the tape from the frame.

I reattached mine to the frame using some 3M body panel adhesive I picked up from the local auto paint supply store. They will probably never come off ever again, but since these are next to impossible to find new, does it matter?
    If I get to a point where one needs to be replaced, its probably the least of my problems.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 05-26-2023 at 03:55 PM.

Yeah, luckily the puck itself is intact and still in pretty good condition, it just needs to be remounted with new tape or adhesive. I'm most likely going to go with the adhesive and not the tape.

You can get pucks again Note long frame, Uly/Ss/STT are different than the short frame S/Scg models

https://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/websh...parts.asp?mc=1

https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buel...h?q=frame+puck

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    You can get pucks again Note long frame, Uly/Ss/STT are different than the short frame S/Scg models

https://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/websh...parts.asp?mc=1

https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buel...h?q=frame+puck
    I dont know, that Twin Motorcycles website is translated from Dutch. Probably wont get the parts.

I wonder if that Dutch Prince really wants to give me money?