Thread: Error 13 Rear 02 Inactive

Error 13 Rear 02 Inactive

Good evening everyone,
    I write from Italy, Tuscany.
    I own a 2008 Buell XB12S with EBR ECU, K&N filter and Remus exhaust.

On the highway the engine light came on.
    I connected with Buelltooth and the reported error is number 13 Rear O2 Inactive.

I therefore replaced the lambda probe with a new one from Bosch F00HL00311.
    I had quite a ride and the light never came on, the only thing I noticed was the cooling fan coming on repeatedly (the day wasn't that hot).

Returning to the motorway, as soon as I exceeded 120 kmh, the warning light came on again.
    As soon as I got home I connected with ECMSpy and the error continues to be O2 Sensor.

Do you have any advice? What could it be?

Thanks everyone for the support
    Attached Images Attached Images

You can use the same ECMSpy you have, to see what your O2 sensor is doing.

This board has a lengthy history of new members signing on, posting difficult intriguing questions such as yours, and then after receiving help, lacking the most minimal common courtesy to even reply with a basic "thank you". Respond that you are legit and monitoring your own initiated thread and I will tell you the circumstances that cause FC#13...numerical values to analyze for proper O2 activity check...solutions and steps to resolve the problem and clear out the historicals. Till then............

Hi Barrett,
    I totaly agree with you. It's easy to ask for help but it's hard to reply thanks!
    The same happens when something goes wrong and we are immediately ready to criticize, but it is difficult to compliment when things are going well.
    This is my first time posting on this forum.
    I hope to receive your help and do the same if anyone needs it.
    This is the right way.

ALL XB FAULT CODE #13 INFO AS FOLLOWS:
    Indicators are stored active/historical FAULT CODE #13....Constant CEL warning indicated....Occasional flashing CEL indicated.

If you're checking ECM active data and see O2 sensor voltage at or below 0.41 volts, you have a LEAN combustion condition
    If you're checking ECM active data and see O2 sensor voltage at or above 0.56 volts, you have a RICH combusition condition
    Check the stored O2 sensor data. See info below AS IT PERTAINS TO YOU AND YOUR NEWLY INSTALLED 02 SENSOR

CAUSES CAN AND WILL INCLUDE 1 OR MORE OF THE BELOW:
    Loose corroded battery terminals and cable ends
    Cracked corroded negative battery cable
    Negative battery cable corroded and/or loose at the frame spar end to include corroded frame spar to frame attachment point
    One or more of your factory grounds is compromised. They are: left vertical engine brace....dog-bone braided wire....negative battery cable....main harness to frame spar left and right side wires....ECM ground wire. REMOVE CHECK CLEAN INSTALL ALL
    Faulty O2 signal wire plug attachment
    Chafed broken O2 signal wire
    Loose exhaust header-to-cylinder head attachment points
    Cracked exhaust header
    Crack in vicinity of exhaust header O2 sensor bung
    Failing fuel pump

Check O2 signal voltage as mentioned above PLUS AFV values. If AFV substantially above 100% and O2 voltage at or below 0.41 as listed above...it is absolutely a failing fuel pump.

Good luck

Really thank you Barrett,
    I will check in the weekend and I let you know.
    I'm new in ECMSpy, I don't know where is "ECM active data O2 sensor voltage".
    I try to find it.
    I will check the cable, but I don't know where is all the cables listed by you.
    I will check crack.
    I don't know where is "O2 signal voltage as mentioned above PLUS AFV values" but I will try.
    I hope to not have problem with fuel pump.

Thank you so much again