Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: strange noise..

Okay, bike is at the dealer and they have some potential news.. Seems clutch bearing is NFG. VEry bad play and wobbling around. Cost to replace is about 590 with labour and taxes. Will keep fingers crossed to see if no other damage has occured. Ill post again when i get the call... THanks!

Man thats a ****ty deal. Hope everything works out for ya!

...a lot better outcome than a bad main bearing...

More bad news for me. Crank bearings are toast. They're gonna rebuild the whole engine now... cha-ching! Bike isn't worth much broken, and I still love it.
    Dealer called on the weekend and asked if i wanted a new Buell instead. Now that they've shut down Buell, they want to unload all the stuff on the floor. All bikes are half of sticker price... sure sounded good! But i'm gonna have too much invested in the old one to buy a new one and they don't take trades! D'oh!

If your doing all that you might as well send the cases out to revolution performance and have them bored for your christmas present (a 90ci big bore kit) to your self :D... let them change the bearing while the cases are split. It would prob only cost a little more than the stealership is going to charge, and instead of stock you will have a 120hp monster of a motor.

Dealership quotes 4 to 5 grand to rebuild.... that sounds ridonkulously high. Anyone ever have an engine built? Does this seem right? I'ts only TWO cylinders and it's air cooled!

Call up JT&S. They are out of Sonoma, California.
    They build performance engines and are reasonable. They can build you a full on race motor for that price, or rebuild yours for way less.

Give Terry Parsley a call, 707-246-0999. He is awesome with buell's

they charge a few hours just too drop the engine; (muffler,shock,electrical) more hours to tear down, then pressing out all the parts to get to the bearings, then putting back together. The service kits, seals, stuff u dont reuse, clamps,,,i would have dropped the engine at home and taken it in for benchwork, saved a 1k or some,,,

hell for that kind of money... if you feel comfortable pulling the engine out all together.... you could buy a good low mileage running engine from Buellsterparts or even EBAY.... they have complete running engines (1200's even)at Buellsterparts for under 2K....

Buy Me

I'd tell your stealership to stick it... hell... even if you only get half the life from one of these engines.. you could replace it TWICE for less money than they're quoting you..

I could rebuild the small block in my Chevelle for that kind of cash! They're bending you over with no lube.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast