Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doing intake gaskets. First time. What else should I do while I'm there?

Quote Originally Posted by MC Hammered View Post
    I used an ultrasonic cleaner to clean the TB, all of the hardware and replaced the rocket box seals and grommets while the engine was dropped.

I would recommending replacing the PCV valves as the original ones are probably saturated by now.
    Have aftermarket replacements for the PCV valve been identified? $47 each for a PCV from St Paul seems a bit steep.

New fuel pump has arrived, intake seals ordered from Twin Cycles, will pick up the grommets from my local dealer this week. Any vendor / brand suggestions for a "one and done" set of rocker box gaskets? I'll pick up some of that TESA tape as well. I'll need to do some searching here to find which O2 sensor I need to buy while I've got it apart.

For the rocker box, I have used Cometic, OE, and James, all without issue. I deviate from the factory manual slightly by dabbing a SMALL amount of High temp RTV in the 4 corners about 1" long. Don't forget to tighten the rockerbox s.l.o.w.l.y. as you re-torque. That allows time for the lifters to compress, or you can bend pushrods And keep the pushrods marked for location, they are slightly different lengths.

I have used the Bosch 12014 as a O2 sensor replacement several times but lately questioning its functionality YMMV.

Heres a good reference for your next thread
    https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...ference-thread
    Last edited by Cooter; 10-22-2023 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy View Post
    Have aftermarket replacements for the PCV valve been identified? $47 each for a PCV from St Paul seems a bit steep.

New fuel pump has arrived, intake seals ordered from Twin Cycles, will pick up the grommets from my local dealer this week. Any vendor / brand suggestions for a "one and done" set of rocker box gaskets? I'll pick up some of that TESA tape as well. I'll need to do some searching here to find which O2 sensor I need to buy while I've got it apart.

YES

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12