Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seeking New Tires Suggestions

Yup! Love me an M-2! Started in Stuart FL, through Canada, to Spokane WA, on a gorgeous yellow one. 6 speed conversion and XB suspension, what a truly epic bike and great ride. Some stories to tell, and others will be kept close to my chest. Saw the total eclipse that year in Idaho!

DoserBoy gets it. Pick whats right for you. Need 'round and black' for cruising? Cool! Lots of riders get by with the minimum, and most MC tires today are perfectly fine for that job. But that wasn't your question.

I'm just saying that picking anything 'because it's cheaper' will bite you. Like if you come across the most epic road you've ever seen and decide to grind off the bottoms of your saddle bags off... will the $40 bucks you 'saved' on a hard tire be etched on your gravestone?

Quote Originally Posted by DozerBoy View Post
    What don't you like about the Angels?
    They're still Pirellis, and as such, they do communicate well before their limits of traction. Not the Dunlop amazing stick stick stick WHOAAA! (See the race thread). Ok Ok a fine street tire, but I alway wondered how a tire that didn't have track day stickiness also didn't last many miles? Instead of one or the other, they are sort of the worst of both? Sticky-ish and mileage-ish? Fine for the street, but play easy in the rain with that Buell torque

Quote Originally Posted by Acemon View Post
    If nothing else, I ride an M2 because it's the most fun bike I've ever ridden. That has to count for something, right?
    Heck yes it does! And you don't need a full on TD tire for a relaxed track day, but if its a Conti, it better be a warm day....

Been looking for pics, but my sister() had a super sweet 260 Fairlady. I never got used to getting in the wrong side Got burned to the ground after a ****ty pilot crashed his plane near their house and the ensuing forest fire took everything

Shinkos wildly popular here in Amishland. Most of us gotta go thru a bridge somewhere along the way to get to town and the Shinkos real smooth and true going over the wooden planks. They're real nice.

1200px-Mercer's_Mill_Covered_Bridge_2600px.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Instead of one or the other, they are sort of the worst of both? Sticky-ish and mileage-ish? Fine for the street, but play easy in the rain with that Buell torque
    Good to know. I know I'll likely never even come close to finding the limit of traction on the street. I guess I'll take my own advice and just see how they play out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Shinkos wildly popular here in Amishland. Most of us gotta go thru a bridge somewhere along the way to get to town and the Shinkos real smooth and true going over the wooden planks. They're real nice.
    I didn't know that Shinko made buggy tires! What's the spec on those? 50/10R40?

Screen Shot 2024-03-18 at 10.58.51 AM.png

I heard they're the new Tesla tire?

Never tried them personally but hearsay says they're pretty good. OP, give them a shot and let us know?

Yep, been side ways on some ravens before, will not do that again. My personal opinion acemon, I would wait, because you like to have fun when you ride, and if that is the same meaning of fun I have.......it is a little contradictory to your statement ".....and be a little cautious."

I suggest you try Michelin Power 5’s. I’m going to be putting a set on my M2 in a couple of weeks. I’ll review them here. Going with a 180/55 in the rear, as 170 isn’t available in any of the latest tires.

I enjoy taking my Uly down gravel roads on occasion. It doesn't see any "real" off roading (I have a DRZ for that), but I like the option of running off the paved trail. I had planned on going with the Road 6 but read several instances of people getting flats when gravel roads came up. As such I think I'm currently leaning toward the Dunlop Mutant. It seems to get glowing reports for road use, and "better than I expected" reports from off-road use. The biggest complaint I've come across so far is potential lack of durability. I remember one summer I burned though 2 pairs of "high zoot" (at the time) road tires on my VFR, within 3500 miles. I wasn't happy about that, but I WAS riding it pretty aggressively and they never let me down. 20+ years later I don't think I'll have that problem. Hell, batteries and tires in my garage have a higher chance of needing replacement due to age...

I usually did buy the conti`s, becuase they were cheap, but seems they don`t hardly get any milage to them anymore. Me I am cheap, and I don`t get too agressive while riding, and have 3 kids(buells) to have to buy tires for. I also do kenda, and shinko. You can usually get them cheaper if you buy them as a front and rear set.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12