Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hyd Clutch Fluid Leak

Anyone had or heard of any issues with clutch fluid leaking from the weep hole on the clutch cover? Noticed today that a little had seeped out. Going to swing by the Harley store tomorrow and see if it will be a warranty issue.

Not even sure where it's at to be honest, so it must not be a common problem. Pics?

Here's a pic of the leak. Definitely clutch fluid cuz it's bubbling the powdercoat. Hope they replace it under warranty. Made an appointment at the Harley store to bring it in. They weren't sure about it either since they don't work on them much.

So I pulled the plastic cover on the outside of the clutch cover. Inside is a bolt and what looks to be a seal/washer/spacer(wishing I had a manual so I could know what the part names are) for the hydraulic clutch. Pulled the clutch in and out a number of times and from what I can see whatever type of seal in there is letting fluid by. Can't get it in until the 20th which really sucks!

UPDATE: Got the bike back today. They replaced the clutch o-ring,piston lining, and cover. Hope this was a one time fluke. All was covered under warranty!

Well, my clutch started leaking again. Brought it in and Harley told them to put another kit in. Luckily for me my dealer fought with them and they are also going to replace the piston along with the sleeves, seals, and cover. Hopefully this fixes it or it's going to turn in to quite an ordeal.

Sucks man, hope they get it sorted.

Well, I'm experiencing that problem right now!:(...Dealer I bought from closed for good....now I'll have to travel an hour and a half!!

Let them know about what to expect and hopefully they will replace everything the first time around so you don't have to make a return trip. I lucked out and my dealer is only about 5 minutes away. Just sucks that I will have to miss out on another few precious days of riding!

Finally got the work done(2nd time). Took 3 weeks for the parts to come in. Thinking Buell recognized the issue and pulled the parts they had and got new one's(good on them). Dealer hooked me up and had it done in a few hours! Looking forward to being able to get on it and ride normal again. They said I could ride it until the parts came in so I kept it clean and put some fluid in occasionally but didn't like the way it felt when I was hitting the throttle so I drove it pretty conservatively. See how she feels when I take her to work today.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast