Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is best ECM option for 08+ XB´s?

Hi,

I am about to buy my XB12Scg at last. I just wait to see the last modifications on the release of the 2010 models end of July.

But my question is;
    What are the sollutions which work well when adding a different exhaust, filter etcetera?

As I checked the new Xoptiinside website, I realise that re-programming the ecm of these models still(?) is not an option.
    So I guess a piggy-back system is the only alternative.
    Before I was looking at the Remus powerizer. For being the most simple (no adjustment needed). But as I can not find any review. And see some sites even removed it from their shop list. I would really lik to know what is the best option?

Sure there must be plenty 08+ drives with this same issue.
    How did you resolve this? And what are your experiences?

Thanks for any info.

Power Commander and someone with a Dyno. And any high flow air filter of ur choice. Check into the breather re route DIY mod. Helps with some of the low end stuttering. Breather Re-Route.

sorry but power comander is not compatable for 08 and later.Iown an 08 scg in so. cal and will not change anything until something compatable exists.the bike is so lean as is Iwouldnt dare.

So what do all 2008+ XB drivers use?

Anyone?

Daytona Twintec or Remus Powerizer

Look up a guy named Terry parsly

These guys CAN tune '08+ ECMs: JTS Performance (I emailed them a while back to make sure and they confirmed it)

Also, I'm pretty sure Xopti can tune them. Email him to make sure and let him know of you're interest.

Thanks for the info Steven, I did not know that there would be an option with Xopti.

And for TMC, I tried to google for Terry-Parsley-ECM-Buell but did not find any info on 2008+ modifications.
    I will stay on the lookout and contact them as soon as I have the bike.

But is there anyone here actually riding with a piggyback system? And what is your experience in finding a good setup?

Thanks.

I'm really interested in this also because my 2600km 08 xb12scg with K&N filter, breather reroute, and sebring slip-on is runnign like **** and getting worse...
    Could Direct Link be the answer, any comments? Costly, but I'll hit it if I can remap with it.

Thanks!

Just a thought, JTS Performance uses Direct link to tune the later version Buell ECM's. Might contact them, it may be cheaper for them to do it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast