Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is best ECM option for 08+ XB´s?

Dump question... or maybe not, who knows. But I'm in Europe, can a fuelmap be made based on data gathered be my ECM or does the bike have to physicaly be somewhere (Dyno)? Even in this case, I'd need to get the data out somehow...

You can datalog while riding using Megalog. Believe it's still available through the Xoptiinside.com site. Here's a thread on the subject: Megalog Tuning

I have a 2009 xb12ss. Just came back from Bartels harley and the buell guy there said I just need the Race pluggin or something and they would be happy to tune on their dyno. The parts guy said to buy the right part it costs $750 and I need a race license. Does anyone know what exactly the part they are talking about?
    Is there a better way to guy the tuning part for cheaper?

Race ecm. answered my own question. Can you buy for 2009s is a better question?

From what ive been led to beleive for 09 lightnings is that you can make mods like muffler change,air intake,breather reroute with the standard ecm,so long as you reset tps,and then ride in "closed loop mode",that will relearn the ecm to the new configuration.Also when you disengage the cable to the muffler and keep the electronic air intake plug connected you will have no "check engine" light aluminate!There is an emulator cable available to mimmick the exhaust valve also.I THINK..??

There is an emulator available at http://www.americansportbike.com/sho...show/9313.html
    I just put an exhaust on my 09 xb12Ss and the check engine light comes on periodically. Will putting this emulator on solve my problem?

I have just been reading the specs of the new 2010 models.

They are now equiped with a second O2 sensor. Maybe this will give more room for modifications.
    It could be like a closed loop system. And also means that they have done some modifications in the ECM.

Just hope someone can give me/us more detailed information about this modification.

Anyone able to get an answer from their Buell mechanics? Surely they must have more technical information.

Anyway. I definitely know that I will have to wait for the first 2010 XB12Scg to land on European shore.

But it is hard to wait, especially during this hot summer.....

you can also try tuneboy.com.au
    i ordered it for my 08 xb12r but its still in the mail. i have a friend with a dyno thats going to tune it for me. i have heard good things about it on other bikes.

taylor -- it will be interesting to see how the tuneboy works out. Let us know.

The only other "tuner" I have seen for 08+ Buell is the "GPR" thing. They have two versions, a "regular" and a "multilevel". I have seen it on eBay. I have not found any information on any one that has used it. I do not know anything about it.

Go to ebay and search for "gpr multilevel buell"

-Bill

ill let you know. it will take a week or two to get here though. i talked to the support guy at tuneboy and he said some ECM's dont take. im just hoping mine does. if you send him the ECM number he can tell you if it will work, but my ECM has no numbers on it. if it does not take he said ill get a full refund . after seeing my numbers on the dyno, some thing must be done.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast