Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I know some of you are police...

So why did I not get a break over the weekend! 2 Speeding tickets in 1.5 hours. I was nice and very respectful. Got a 73 in a 55 and a 84 in a 60. 1st was a state trooper. 2nd was county I think. Man what an expensive trip. 2nd police officer was pretty nice. Felt bad it was already my 2nd and knocked it down to a 79 in a 60. Even after following me for more than 3 miles without me noticing. (Was going on 285 from Denver to Alamosa in Colorado)

Forgot to ask him something I was wondering though. How long until one of you would have thought I was trying to run? Guess I stayed at my constant speed of over 80... would have sped up if I were running.

Now I am stuck thinking of all the parts I could have had with $300 instead of tickets and points on my license. Not looking forward to seeing what happens to my insurance. Anyways, just needed to vent a little.

yeah i just recently got a careless driving ticket, reason for the ticket he said "i didnt use my turn signal to switch lanes"

Wow that sucks. But I do know that every time I've gotten a speeding ticket I never do anything to deserve another. In IL you can always get supervision for 60 days to keep it off of your record as long as you don't get another.

^^^Thats cool, as far as I know in Oklahoma we do not have that here.

Briar

Thats cool
    yeh, sorta. They charge you an extra $75. Any way for the state to get more of your money.

yeh, sorta. They charge you an extra $75. Any way for the state to get more of your money.
    i dont know i would rather give it to the state once then the insurance company over the next couple of years in a rate spike due to the ticket

this is true

up to 5 tickets this year. One of these days my insurance company will catch on.....lol

up to 5 tickets this year
    You wouldn't still have your liscence in my state

I am allowed 12 points here in CO. pay the fines without fighting and they cut the points in half. When I pay each of these they will total 4 points. In addition to my running a stop sign I am half way to losing my license:D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast