Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OH NOOOOO!!!! Help!!

Hey fellow Buellers, I think I just messed up. I have a new 08 1125R. I love it and have 400 miles on it now. I live in Montana and its cold and snowy, so I have it in storage. Because of Christmas and all I didn't make it over to start it up for a while. Well, when I finally did the battery was to low to start it. I hauled it to a warm place and charged the battery while it was still attatched to the bike for 20 min. I turned the key and as soon as I touched the starter I heard a pop and all the lights on my dash went out. The charger cables were still attatched but the charger was off. I took the cables off and then turned the key off then on again and all the lights came back on. The bike started but my dash clock went to 12:00 and my avg mpg was erased. The odometer still says 400. Now when I rev it up at about 4000 rpm the rpm needle lights up. Also It wont let me reset the clock. I hold the toggle and mode down but it wont go to setup mode. I checked the fuses and they are all good. I'm worried I did something bad like mess my flashes up or something. Can someone please help? Thanks

first thing I would do is completely disconnect the battery... let it sit for a couple mins... and reconnect it and see what it does...

The reason I didn't disconnect it in the first place was because after reading all the forums about the problems people were having with the instrament pod I was afraid to mess with it. It will be o-k for me to do so?

check ur starter switch for anything abnormal. the Firebolts ECM has the ground wire somewhat connected to the starter switch somehow and the IGN

I disconnected then reconnected the battery. It worked. Now I can set the clock. But the odometer needle still turns red at 5000 rpm. The instrament cluster has red paint on it at 10500. Isnt that red line? Does that change after the first service?

yeah redline,,,

the 1st service is based on mileage. granted u put 1k on it in a year or month or week. the break in period is for gaskets; o-rings; bearings; bolts; races; and stuff to settle in and function properly. redline is the max revolutions for ur engine to spin and keep spinning until u spin a bearing or something.

triple7, I understand what you are asking and yes the needle will stop turning red a such a low rpm when it breaks in and the engine temp is up.

Thank you very much! So its o-k, disconnecting the battery wont mess up flashes or computer updates or anything like that?

if im reading this right you might just need to let it warm up. my v rod wont rit it max red line until it warm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast