Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couple of Issues XB12R

Hi guys I'm new here and just took the plunge on a xb12r. Its a 2004 model I love it to its but theres acouple of issues I'd like to resolve if poss. Firstly the neutral light seems to be on even when i pull the clutch in when in gear its off but obviously it makes finding neutral a little harder, is this normal? The other is the kick stand sensor or lack of it, is it standard in this year to have one? I'm terrible at forgetting to lift it up so am wondering about this..

Thanks in advance,
    Scott

All models had the stand sensor, I am guessing the prior owner may have messed with the wires or removed it due to a problem. You could purchase a new one or it may still be on the bike and he just connected the wires so he could have the stand down for stunts or something.

All it is, is a small cylindrical sensor mounted at the picot point of the stand if it is there you can trace the wires to the right side of the bike under the belly pan to see if they were messed with.

As far as the nuetral light that doesnt sound normal you may have a bad sensor, not to sure there.

Anyone got a photo of the stand sensor as i can't seem to see it?

i have read somewhere the neutral light is to do with the diode in the fuse box, someone has put a fuse in the diode slot so will try to source a diode.

cheers

95% of all of our stand sensors have failed.

The neutral light sensor failure is pretty normal for the older XB bikes as well.

thanks mate, do you have a pic of the stand sensor position, i also have another query, will try to post some photos at some stage but theres a cable inside the airbox cover that just sits in the middle with a plug on the end of it not plugged into anything, is this the cable for the ecmspy cable to plug into as i read somewhere its meant to be under the front fairing somewhere?

Cheers

Guys,

XB's don't have stand switches unless 08 model or later. Dave - check out page B25 at the back of the manual - only clutch and nuetral switches in the starting circuit.

Shine: Sounds like that is the cable to the exhaust valve actuator - do you have a box sat on top of the airbox with a semicircular pulley on it with a cable running down to the exhaust? If not then i guess you have an aftermarket exhaust fitted with the race ecu and the actuator has been removed because it is not now needed.

Can you also explain your neutral issue a bit more. The neutral light stays on whether the clutch is in or out when the bike is in neutral. It only goes off when a gear is engaged. Does yours act differently?

Shine69

Check your fuses for the nuetral switch. I had the same issue, bought the sensor ($5) replaced it, same problem. Looked at the fuses, I think it was the ACC fuse. That my solve that one for you.

Thanks guys, yeah I'm pretty sure theres meant to be a diode in the fuse box but someone has put a fuse in the slot, I've read this is the likely prob but need to get a diode from the HD dealer. The cable sitting in the airbox is very likely what used to drive the servo as the exhaust has been modified, so will sort that out when I get an ecmspy cable. Hopefully that will sort out the issues.

Cheers guys

Are you saying 08 and up have the stand switch...if so my 09 doesn't have one.

Lordfenwick you are WRONG...

my 03 XB9R has a stand switch as all do. it is not part of the starting circut. put your stand down, kick it in to gear, let the clutch out with the stand down.... hmmm bike shuts off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast