Thread: Need some Feedback

My father and I are machinists and are designing some drop pegs and controls for Firebolts but i dont know if there is an interest for them any feedback would be great.
    When I get the cad design Ill post it.

I would say all intrest is going to be based on quality and how cheap you can get them down to.

I would have no interest in drop pegs. What do you mean by controls tho?

Those I feel are still pricey.

I would be interested in some custom looking pegs but refiend but not gaudy like pistol tips or anything like that.

Your not going to get custom machined pegs for cheap. You can get mass produced cast pegs for cheap all day long. I've been selling pegs for over a year now, and it ain't cheap to do, it ain't easy, and there is very little profit in it. I mainly do it for the chance to make my own parts and deal with the motorcycle community. Good way to meet some really cool people. Some of them have some very cool ideas on what custom parts they want. If you last in business long enough you can do ok, but you won't last by selling cheap parts with no profit.

Boss9 I will be looking you up soon for a set of those crosstrax

I know machining is pricey, I work in an Aerospace shop where we only do machining processes.

But if you can find a way to machine multiple parts at once by layering them to cut with a wire cutter or any other process where corners can be cut without losing quality cheaper parts are possible without losing profits.

I guess when it comes to price, profits, quality, design, and everything else it is over thought many of times.

If one could design a simple round peg w/ a gripping texture sort of like below but without the rounded machined end, just a rounded tip I feel people would be interested and minimal machine work would be needed.

I understand the ones below need mounting ends but these are just an idea. These are $40, plus an additional $40 for the base, so $80 a set. If you could design these with an incorporated base it would be a sell for me for $45.

Thaloc,
    My dads knees aren't that great so he and I are designing controls, meaning brake, shifting and pegs so he can ride for longer distances without his knees hurting for weeks.
    We just want to make sure it doesn't take away from the handling in the corners.