Thread: New To Forum With A Question

Hi All,

I have a 2000 X1 that I bought used last year. I put a lot of work into it so far replacing gaskets, replacing broken brackets, and enjoying the rides. Oil/Trans/Air Filter/Fuel Filter all replaced.

The problem is my neutral light. The bike shifts to neutral fine but the light does not stay on while in neutral. The light comes on when I first shift to neutral then shuts off. Is the pin on the shift drum broken or could the switch need cleaning or replacement?

Any ideas? Thanks for the help

I'm not familiar with your model Buell Somewhere on the main page is a link to some service manuals I'm not sure if one for your model is there but worth looking into good luck and welcome to Buell land =P

I have the service manual (actual book and digital copy). To check the switch i have to remove covering off the right side of the bike and the belt sprocket. The neutral switch is threaded into the case. The contact pin I'd have to go through the primary case and remove the shift drum i think. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and what they did to fix it before I go removing parts.