Thread: xb9 blows ignition switch fuse

I just got my 07 xb9r last month. A couple of days ago, i went to start it and it was dead. It wouldn't do anything. Not a sound. I tried to jump it but nothing happened, not a sound or light. The only thing that came on was the fan. I pulled the battery and charged it over night. I connected the battery again and nothing. I checked the fuses and found the 15 amp fuse to the ignition switch was blown. I replaced it, turned the key and pop, it blew again. What could be the problem? The bike is only a month old!

I'm sure i read a post about this before and there was a recall because of a wiring problem,which caused the shorting of the ignition........i would check with the dealership
    also you will get a lot of responses soon from the guys who know their stuff......"buellxb" & "buellpartsguy" they can help you!

good luck..

Contact your dealer, warranty is a factor in this one. there is a recall on ignition switches on that particualr bike, again check with your dealer. Your shouldnt have to touch that thing or worry about it till the warranty is up. Just take it to them and have it fixed for free

I went ahead and took it to the dealership as you suggested. They still haven't looked at it since they're apparently pretty busy. Looks like the 24th is the day it'll be looked at. Can't wait to get it back. It's my first bike and I'm hooked on it.

keep hastling them...they will look at it just to get rid of you :D

Well, I got my bike back. On the 24th, just like they said. They unplugged the ignition relay and plugged it back in. Problem solved. Hasn't given me any problems since so I guess that did it.