Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: running to lean

had my bike on the dyno today it only had 76 hp. i was told it was running way lean. the things i've done so far to the bike are
    1st- jardine pipe
    2nd- buell race ecm with tps reset
    3rd- opened up my airbox
    4th- pro series high flow air filter
    should i get an ecmspy and do a tuning or will a tps reset fix the problem? i guess that if a tps is in order i should buy a ecmspy anyway but any suggestions?

Sounds like you need a custom map, whether you do it yourself w/ECMSpy & Megalog or go the easy route with Xopti. The Race ECMs were specifically for Buell Race can - big difference from it to a Jardine.

So if you did the open air box mod to a complete race setup (exhaust, race ecm, filter) would it still run to lean? Also i thought Xopti was closed? or can you buy pre-set custom map for the bike??

Yeah, it would be a little leaner than just race kit alone. Oh, and at the time of my post, Xopti was open.

So pretty much SOL for tryin to get a remap done huh, unless i try ECMspy myself. But not to sure about that one just yet. And called HD they said they had no way to Dyno Tune a Buell. WTF

I am having a similar problem with the RACE ECM, but mine is with the Buell Race Pipe, so you are not alone. I am working on the map myself but I may go get it Dyno'd on Tuesday, if so, I will post the map online. Maybe you can use that.

Does anyone have a good setup such as a Race Pipe that they have had a custom map done for? That might help.

I mean I like the way the bike runs, cause it is the full race kit, but I just hear how it runs lean and that equals heat. Plus more fuel = more HP. I just want bike to last and have it run top notch. Well let me know how it goes for you, and Ill keep digging.

Yessir. I am going to megalog tune first and I will let you know. I like the way it runs (and sounds) but I added a little fuel to the low end of the map and it ran better. Hmmm.

So how hard is it really?? Do you have a temp reading oil dipstick. Was thinking of getting one of those, due to fact so i KNOW what the temp of oil is. Megalog tuning is same as with ECMspy? I am such a NOOB haha

Megalog and Datalogging w/ Megalog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast