Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: ECM Spy Download

Hi Walrus2004, did you try these drivers?
    Direct download link...
    http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM20602.zip

I didn't have any luck with these but they are the latest version and maybe they can help you. I'd hate for you to have to go to the dealership and have to pay for that. I think the best thing to do is try to test out a few drivers. Question though, when you attach the cable to the bike do you get a notification that the device can't start or incorrect drivers?

As far as the need to do a TPS reset i'm not sure on that.

My computer recognizes that a cable has been inserted, however it comes up with the notification that it could not locate the driver.

I have tried pointing it to the driver, and I have used the download you have listed. I have tried it on windows 7 and windows xp. Both cannot locate the driver. I tried to also let windows 7 search the net and had no luck that way either.

maybe someone can just explain to me what the TPS sensor does. From what I understand it regulates the idle position? Cause that is all that is adjusted when you do the TPS reset right?

The TPS reset sets your throttle baseline. The TPS sensor itself tells the ECM where the throttle is and the ECM references the maps to deliver the fuel at the correct intervals. That's why a faulty TPS reset leaves the bike running like crap because the "baseline" is off, the ECM is giving the wrong amount of fuel for the wrong throttle position, throwing the air/fuel ratio off so bad you get a bad burn.

HElP I can't get the driver for the cable to work on my laptop I have Vista. I have all the maps and EcmSpy and the cable. I just need the driver to work. SO if anyone can help me thanks. I new to the forum thing and to BuellXB. I have a 2003 XB9S lightning:D

I am thinking about getting myself setup to play with the maps on the bike. Anything major I need to be aware of, at least as far as what I need?
    Cable, software, drivers... anything else?

This is my first post here, just got an '07 XB12Scg and love it. I want to start playing with my fuel mapping after I finish a few other basic things. Any one got the Linux files for ECMSpy? I've searched the forums and the net and they don't seem to be out there, but one of you guys has got to have them.

Could someone be so king and send me ECMSPY(windows) to my email: buka2008@interia.pl

Thanks Mike, Poland

I was wondering (sorry I haven't researched it on here yet) do you have a version of spy that would work on Linux? I'm running Linux mint/ubuntu.

Could someone be so king and send me ECMSPY(windows) to my email:
    Download is in the 1st post on the 1st page of this thread - unless the servers are down.

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast