Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: any inside pics of exhaust for xb buells

hey can someone post some pics (or links)of the inside of the buell race muffler / exhaust for the xb models or any other mufflers that are pretty loud or sound really good. i think it might help us that are building our own exhaust. as thats what i plan on . i have a few pics of exhaust from overseas(race exhaust) and such that look cool , and might sound good. I'll post those soon. I would like to see some that have dual pipes going straight through muffler with or with small holes and packing for some sound deading. or maybe some cool straight pipes .... i'm going to build myself a better sounding exhaust , and have lots of ideals for it but would like some ideals. for some louder like cooler custom harley exhaust. like the rest of all of you I want people to know my buell is damn inline 4 cyl. but American V-TWIN. it just to quiet now for my taste.

next Questions is why is not a lot of staight exhaust (or glasspack syle) like on the harleys for buell . none that i have found. i know it would have to be very short to go under the bike. buell needs to design some, or some after market. surely the ecm could be reprogramed for it or what, it is self learning ecm cumputer. the engine is just a higher tuned sportster type engine.the 2 into 1 design of the header should provide any backpressure it needs.

gotta say I'm jealous of my brothers' 1200 Nightster sportster sounds awesome a hell of lot better than my buell.he put a vance n hines (i think) on it the day he bought it n drove it home that day. thats the way an American V-Twin 1200cc should sound like and I want that sound. and I have yet to see or hear any exhaust that sounds that good for buells, some are close, maybe i'll have to settle for the closest sounding to it. what is your thoughts on all this. ??:):)

Try a "special ops" pipe, makes your Buell sound like a Harley for sure. Best "bang for your buck". $250 + shipping to be exact.

Here's the insides of a stock XB12 to compare to:

Here's a view of the inside of one of Voodoo's pipes: Voodoo Pipe

Just for clarification, that Voodoo link shows a pipe that he no longer makes. I haven't seen any inside shots of his current offerings...

I haven't seen any inside shots of his current offerings...
    Those don't shouldn't be posted, if there are any, without his permission.

I agree with that...Just saying...

Here are a few pics of the first 9 muffler that I gutted.

Just out of curiosity, would a muffler from a 9 fit a 12? It seems like a 9 muffler would be a lot easier to modify without the exhaust valve and should be lighter as well.

Yes. I have one of Tatoo72's xb9 pipes on my 12

dave, have you ever posted a pic. of your voodoo? don't think i've ever seen it. which one is it? thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast