Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ULYSSES DANGEROUS REAR WHEEL BEARING FAILURE

MY 2007 ULY (3000 MILES) HAD A SERIOUS SUDDEN REAR WHEEL BEARING FAILURE CAUSING AN UNPLEASANT AND UNSAFE TAIL SHAKING THAT ALMOST HAD ME KISS THE GROUND AT 85MPH. MY WARRANTY EXPIRED APR/2009 AND AFTER CONTACTING BUELL'S CUSTOMER SERVICE ABOUT IT I'M LEFT WITH A $1,200.00 WORTH OF DEMAGE AND A GREAT DISBELEIF ON BUELL SAFETY AND RELIABILITY.
    I'M GOING BACK TO THE JAPANESE BIKES.

Maybe something happened to the wheel while the bike was sitting in the garage, which apparently it did quite a bit. 3k miles on an '07 bike - especially a Uly - ain't exactly riding the wheels off the thing.

did some high pressure cleaning & aimed at the axle/bearings? let is sit & dry for a nice long time?

all & all, a good thing you made it out without being hurt.

now, japanese or not, regular check & oiling doesn't hurt any bike ;)

ain't exactly riding the wheels off the thing.
    Pun intended, or no?

I have had two sets of wheel bearings replaced on the rear wheel of my 2006 Triumph Sprint ST, luckily under warrantie, but it currently has 22,ooo miles on it. So going to another brand of bike is not always a garrantie. Bike is cleaned regularly and never with a high pressure nozzle. My 2000 X1 Lightning didn't have a single part failure in 16000 miles. But ofcourse I am a bit different, I RIDE my motorcycles.

07xb12s here. My rear bearing went out at 12000 while riding. No damage besides that to the bearing itself. What did it do to cause $1200 worth of damage??

Sorry about the bearing but Japanese bikes do it also.Always remember"Squeeky wheel gets the grease".Please make some noise:D

I picked up a used wheel that had the bearing go out for the guy on the sprocket side. It had ruined the inside sleeve and also damaged some of the bearing area too. I just got the new inside sleeve and cleaned up the bearing area and put the new bearing in it. It hasn't bother any yet and I don't know which wheel I have on the bike right now. I know that I have used that wheel long enough to have to rplace the rear tire. When the guy came in with the bad bearing the allen screw wasn't tight to pinch the axle shaft and he had a new tire put on a 1,000 miles before that. I know that you have to tighten the axle once and then loosen it some and retighten it again to the right spec's. I would think that you could put some undo pressure or load on the bearing if it would not seat right and stick to the axle some, maybe. My 2 cents worth anyhow. I turned over 19,000 miles the other day on my bike and haven't had any rear wheel bearing problems yet.

I would like to give everyone here a . Not many enthusiast forums that would take a post like this IN stride. Makes me much happier to be part of this community. hspinola, Sorry to hear about your misfortune. With that said, think about if you were on your "Japanese bike" going 130mph. Doubt if you could have held onto it ;) HURRAY FOR "SLOW" BUELLS'!

Maybe something happened to the wheel while the bike was sitting in the garage, which apparently it did quite a bit.Â* 3k miles on an '07 bike - especially a Uly - ain't exactly riding the wheels off the thing.
    lol Yeah get off your ass and ride the dang thing. Maybe it's just retaliating for not being ridden :D:D

What did it do to cause $1200 worth of damage??
    Umm yaaaa Is that in pesos?? I could have done the job for $200 parts included. You got ripped off!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast