Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ULYSSES DANGEROUS REAR WHEEL BEARING FAILURE

My Uly has never been near a pressure washer but the rear wheel bearing on my 2007 Uly failed after 12months and 5k miles repaired under warranty. At the time the service manager said 'that's the third one recently must have been a bad batch...' It was not a sudden collapse but a gradual deterioration over a couple of days

I was so annoyed i filled in the ride magazine survey and ended up being invited to a track day and appearing in the mag!

As for exhaust I've had a Remus since new together with ignition mod = no problem.

Ken

i had to replace mine also the macanic said that thereis nothing i could do because the bearings are inclosed it cost about 3 bills

Damn cheap china bearing. quality control suck. make sure they are German made bearing when replacing .insist on the most expensive bearing when critical areas are involved. We had problems on rebuilding industrial gear boxes with bearing failures. We bought the most expensive one in that size and guess what .NO MORE PROBLEMS..... It is mostly true ...You get what you pay for.

Just had mine done, when the garage phoned HD they said I was lucky to get anything over 3000 out of them.

I paid £25 for each bearing and they got them from an after market supplier.

Fingers crossed they last a bit longer this time. This is the third set since new....

20k miles on my firebolt and no bearing problems anywhere except the engine
    wheel, swingarm, and steering stem bearings all in awesome shape

but I have a rear wheel bearing give out on my Blast after ~7k miles on it, I believe this was due to the dealership damaging the bearing on re-installment, it did not appear as though they properly aligned the spacer and things when they torqued it back together, but it was out of warranty and I ended up footing the bill because I had no choice

bearings fail sometimes, not much you can do about it

my rear, belt side went today... 2600 miles! the bike has had 4 grounds go bad, causing me to lose ALL lights at around 600 miles... and at 2500 miles i lost directionals... Danbury Harley was backed up this week, so i figured i can use my hand signals... and today, at around 60mph i felt this evil wobble, like i popped a tire or something... on a parkway, cars all over and i've only been riding for 2600 miles... managed to get over safely, and friend picked me up... i had to drive it to the next exit with a trooper behind me (harley rider who stopped to see if he could help) think the wheel is shot too?

I'm on my second Uly...15k miles on the first and 37k miles on my current ride. Absolutely no problems with either rear (or front) wheel bearings or electrical ground points. Furthermore, I'm riding Aussie roads...not the best in the world. I think some of you guys are just unlucky.

my front bearing went out at 2500miles and that bearing was made in north korea I love my xb 12 but will upgrade all bearings when out of warr.they are great bikes !

Where is hspinola??? He started this thread and hasn't commented on any of the comments made.

Japanese bikes also has bearings, most likely same manufacter as buell use. So, would it be better for you to walk?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast