Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New XB12R owner here

I just purchased a new 07 Firebolt XB12R. I love this bike! I cant understand why so many people make fun of buells. After I got the suspension dialed in to my weight i couldn't believe how great the bike handles (although in my opinion it needs a steering damper). Compared to my old bike (06 katana 600) this thing is a rocket, I love the power rises. Other than the hard seats (my wife's only complaint) occasional head shaking and a cold blooded motor this bike is perfect. And yet so many people tell me how I wasted my money and I should have bought a (insert jap crotch rocket here).

This makes me want to ask the question what kind of person buys a buell? I'm a 22 year old married HVAC field manager. I consider myself to be a novice rider. I do a lot of twisty back road riding and other than the occasional wheelie I think that stunting is retarded. Lol maybe that's why I'm probably the youngest buell owner on here. But enough about me what kind of rider are you and why did you choose to buy a buell?

good luck with the bike FERRIS..I'm 50 years old been on and still on Harley strokers running 120 hp and 127 tq...love hitting the highway and seeing the shock on the jap riders faces when i pull away hard....now I'm after a buell just because i think its the coolest looking bike out there...i WANT SOMETHINK that is few and far between and still be on a v twin...let your buddys buy the jap bikes..you riding something that has class...your happy with the power so far in its stock form

I have a 03 XB9R and love it. I like that fact that I can pull into the bike shows down here and not see a dozen of my exact bike. Plus, as we all know, Jap bikes are like tampons, every pussy has one. It takes a real rider to handle this torque.

And Ferris, I am 22 and ride the hell outta my Buell too, so your not alone. I love carry the front end and show those Jap bike guys up whenever conditions permit, but yeah a steering stabilizer is a must on these things no matter how you ride. I would never ride another one without it. I have a Storz steering stabilizer, but there are others out there too.

Administrator
    Wow, Ferrisbueller. Ha, that's the most creative name yet. You'll like your Buell. I like them because I don't see them too often. Buells have so much unique engineering that they're almost as fun to talk about as they are to ride. Other reasons I bought the bike...
    Made in USA
    Smaller frame and seat height, I'm 5' 7"
    Lower center of gravity
    Big engine (XB12)
    You don't have to go 80mph+ for a rush
    Sexiest naked sport bike (Ducati Monster is a close second)
    BTW I'm 25 years old

I dont feel so out of place now...lol It just seems that most people my age wouldnt be caught dead on buell.

Steering damper-wise, I've heard that if you swap out the stock Dunlops for some decent tires, Pirellis or Michelins, the head shake is much improved.

Yeah the head shake goes away with a better set of tires and if you torque your head stem bearings a little tighter than the stock setting. The new torque is 42 ft/lbs.

the 07 has pirelli diablo T tires from the factory

Yup and the older Buells came with the junk Dunlop 208's

Well I am 21 and I just bought a 2005 xb9r. Actually I am waiting for it to show up in az from cali. I am glad I found this forum cuz I know I will have alotta questions. Had a cruiser, had a crotch rocket love the buell.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast