Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New XB12R owner here

Well i got my buell when i was 19 and if they bring out a 6 speed box version i will stay with buell i think for life. i love it for the moring traffic run. but it lacks a bit on the open road or on the track just cant get enough speed down the straights. well so now at 22 going on 23 i am looking at replacing my XB9R with the XB12r cherry. but i really would love for the 6th gear.

Its coming......;)

It does kinda lack in the top end but it feels incredibly smooth through exceleration and in the turns. I did notice a little speed warble at around 80 90 but that was with semis on all sides. But all in all it keeps up with everything else Ive come across and sounds soooo gnarly passing by.

Hay azxb9r, if you really want to see what that xb was made for, come to Tucson and ride Mt Lemmon with me sometime. I am on my second xb9r. After I sold my first one I always regretted it, so I bought another one even though I have two Ducati's. (996SPS/749S). Buell's are as easy and fun to work on as they are to ride. No valves to adjust, no chains to lube and and adjust. Just change the oil and tires and go. Something people overlook when shopping for a bike.

Administrator
    Almost that simple. I need to get my TPS reset and there's no dealer anywhere near me. The local HD dealer refuses to buy the chip to reset my TPS. Couldn't Buell just give us an onboard CPU with a reset button?????

Americansportbike.com has two software programs that will reset the TPS and more. It's an easy job if you can run a computer. I got the Direct-link unit. The cheaper unit does not do as much but is about half the price and is a good choise for basic adjustments. I will use the direct-link to dyno tune the bike.

I definately will be headed that way soon. I am just bout n hour and a half away. Have you ever ridden mt graham?? That is one crazy ride too. V.W. uses it for test runs on new cars. I have to get used to it a lil before I start pushing it but it is surprisingly easy to learn to ride.

hey i got a xb12 05 and live in australia just wondering if the dealers are very accomidating to buell owners? they are terible here if they dont have a part it will take 4 weeks to get and if i have a problem know one knows what it wrong. i have had to work on my own bikes and learn from my mistakes. or my wollet would be empty by now..

I found the same thing in South Africa. parts take for ever to arrive in this country and the services are really pricey. My bike is out of service for 4 weeks now well i wait for parts again.. I now have t sit in the car to get to work. i hate it. i want my bike man.

i have an 05 black XB12R...removed the mirrors and put on bar ends, removed the front and rear reflectors, removed the warning stickers on the frame and swingarm, took the reflector below the rear tag off and trimmed off the tag bracket edges with a grinder to clean up the rear end...and by far the best mod ever was a "Drummer" pipe, the sound of the bike is unlike anything i have ever heard. other Buell riders can't believe the growl my bike has compared to theirs (louder than most Harleys).

btw...i am 36 and this is the fifth street bike i have owned, and i will never ride anything other than a Buell. Funnest bike ever.

oh, and my wife doesn't mind riding because i also bought the Buell passenger touring seat and she likes riding with me now.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast