Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those with a hiccup/stutter at cruising...

i posted elsewhere too....so some of you might have already seen this stuff...

i kept forgetting to post up the results of some research i was doing....

over the past year or so...a lot of people have complained about a stutter when at a constant cruise RPM after doing a remap or whatever...

as of now, unless youre creating your own AFR tables in VE analyzer(which i recommend, but is a lil more involved), and youre using the afrBins1 or 2, there seems to be a slight hesitation or hiccup in that area.

heres a quick remedy: (assuming your map otherwise is in good shape and youre clear on the operation of its functions)

in the cells for cruise, generally from TPS values 22-40 or so, and RPM 1900-2900, should be 6 or 9 cells there, which is dependent on the manipulations of your axis if youve changed those. But, after VE analyzer is finalized and youre done with the mapping, for the rear cylinder, add about 3-5 PERCENT of the fueling in that area. copy THOSE values to the front map, and then add 10-14 PERCENT to those. its important you do this as a ratio and not add just points to the original values. (the multiplier in the map editing screen will do this for you if you enter 1.12...corresponding to an additional 12% to be added) the rest of the map can be done with the copy rear to front and add 2 method. thats fine.

i think its predominately a 1203 issue, and ive had good results with a few people trying it that way. runs smooth and steady now.

you can then go to the adjacent cells and taper them off to make a lil smoother transition. flip between the 3d view to kinda see what i mean.

hope this helps a few of ya on here!

cheers!

-gb

ps- this is just a layman fix. of course the folks with dual widebands, dyno time, etc...this doesnt apply to you. this is for the folks that only have SPY and a NB sensor.

oh....and this along with ANY ecm tuning should only be done on a mechanically sound bike. (ie: no intake leaks, oil leaks, electrical problems, etc.)

good info

As usual, great info GB.

WTF GB ? What took you so long to solve this problem? lol... JK. But seriously thats good info I'll try this tomorrow seeing how this very problem was annoying the **** outta me on my 50 mile ride home tonight...

well...for the most part...people with driveability issues have more going on than just having to manipulate a few map cells. at 1st i purposely waited to post it (not that its some sort of magic thing or what not) so i could at least check it out on different circumstances.

then after some time went by...i forgot about it until i was talking to someone and was reminded of it recently.

hey man...the few brain cells i have left are working overtime.

give a brother a break! haha

graphical of tuned and smoothed map vs stock...

STOCK:

TUNED:

Thanks GB..........

I am very new to Buell's and their ECM's so how would i go about having someone do this? i live in Rochelle, IL about 1/2 hour south of rockford. My bike hiccups and studders once in a while probably a few times a ride...and its pretty annoying especially in a turn...
    Thanks,Nick

Octo is doing some online tuning sessions - might be able to still join in: Online Tuning Sessions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast