Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drummer muffler from KDfab

Has anyone tried this muffler http://www.kdfab.com/drummer%20original.htm
    The dyno numbers are realy impressive, and since its a modified stock muffler you know the fitment is good.

Administrator
    Sounds interesting. I'm still in the market for a new one. I was told by a circuit racer to go with the pipes sold at UseForce

I've been emailing the owner of KD fab for a few weeks now and he really seems to know what hes doing. Ill be ordering my drummer after the holidays.

if you look at the dyno chart..it took 37 dyno runs to get that number...theres a lot more to just adding that exhaust and making those gains

When i emailed him he said that the dyno runs were done on completely stock bikes w/ no other mods or tweeking.

if thats the case id be happy with those gains without having to remap or pay for the tuner kits

I emailed Kevin, the owner of KD fab and sent him a link to this thread. I dont wish to missinform anyone so I figured Id let him speak for himself.

Hey Guys, Kevin here...if you get the Drummer or the SS you can use the stock ecm with no problems...we raced half this year with the stock ecm on our racebike with no problems....my exhaust does not have an erratic airfuel curve and is easy for the ecm to make the necessary changes....the only time I've used the tfi to add fuel was with the loud Drummer, completely different design, because it created a flat 16to1 AFR....I did it on purpose, but for the average streetbike still in stock form you'll be fine with the stock ecm, if you are a stickler and want the almighty last tenth of a hp on paper for bragging rights then have it tuned with directlink and fatten your budget and all will be well also....my goal is to make products that make great power with minimum effort on the consumers part so that you guys don't have to mess with the bike all the time and you can have a great experience owning a Buell, it's what I learned to do..
    Kevin
    KDFab.com

hello drummer...I noticed 37 runs om the dyno sheet..was that 37 dyno runs with the new pipe on to get those numbers

The reason there are so many runs is because it's not like running a carbed bike , it has an adaptive FI and if the bike is ridden on the street prior to the dyno the airfuel curve will not be optimum for the dyno, it will read fat because riding in the real world and sitting still in a room are 2 different things....if you dyno the buell and it doesn't lay the same lines over and over again you have not run it long enough for the ecm to learn the room conditions...if I see that someone dynoed their bike and only ran it 3 times, that tells me that noone wanted to take the time and find out if it puts the same line down everytime, thats how you find out if the bike and the operator are doing the same thing time and time again....if you would have been at the exhaust shootout in Iowa with us you would see how 1 or 2 runs are all over the place and it doesn't mean much like that...I would rather have something from someone that has taken the time to sit in the dyno room all day and spend $75 an hour finding out if the bike will make more than 3 passes with the same results....

Kevin
    www.kdfab.com

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast