Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your first Buell sighting?

When/where was the first time you saw a Buell and when did you know that you wanted one?

I was 15, I think it was the summer of 1997. I saw a black S1 in the back of a truck in Idaho when we were on our was to Yellowstone. I thought it was italian or something, but my dad informed me that it was actually american. Sometime later that year I sat on a S1 white lightning at a local Harley store. That pearlescent white paint was calling my name. I knew right then I'd have a Buell someday.

I was stationed in Yokosuka, Japan in the early '90's and I was going to by a Harley, but started to see the Buells in the Mag's, when I got back home I went to our Buell Dealer, Glendale Harley, in Arizona not the one in California. I saw the RSS1200 with the flip up seat back and fell hard for the Lines, the Story, and the American Heritage. I knew then I would one day get one. My Father who had several bikes during his time on the Rock, Didn't have the same feelings for it as I did. He had owned a HD XLCR1000 Cafe Racer, and I thought they looked very close to that. As luck would have My Younger Brother His '98 S3 in Late 99 or early 2000, put 700 miles on it in a year, got to a point were he needed money and offered it to me. Bought it on the spot and never looked back.

When the XB came out.

I also have a thing for any air cooled. That is also why I have many mixed feelings for the Badassed 1125r that can't quite run with Japans best, even tho so much technology was used.

it was in the late 90's at the harley dealership in appleton. there it was sitting in the window a black s1 with the nuclear blue flame. from then on i've always thought about getting one.

I had bought a 99 Sportster custom for 7,442 through military sales in South Korea and was taking delivery of it in Harker Heights H-D in Texas. While waiting for them to uncrate it I wandered around the showroom and found a new White Lightning sitting by itself in the corner. I must have sat on it for at least a half an hour. I asked if I could take X1 instead of the sporty but since I had already owned the sporty it would be a trade in. They offered me 4500 for my ZERO mile bike. It took 9 years for me to get one after that miss.

well mine of all places was at an airshow in 97 or 98. when the annoucer said after this mig fly by there was a race between a plane (super fast acrobatic plane) and a motorcycle, but not any bike an american bike powered by a harley davidson. when the bike went out to the runway (which was at least 300yards away ) you could hear the bikes engine roaring like some muscle car , so i watched and the bike took off down the runway , when about half way down the plane caught up and it was head to head the rest of the way with the plane just above him and to his left , all until the BUELL had to slow down because he was running out of runway. the plane pulled straight up flying to about 3000 ft and did some acrobatics. the buell cruised down in front of the crowd rolling down the taxi way and over to his display with the other buells. so had to go see this awesome bike. I talked to the guys there, n they told me the whole buell story. i looked the bike and the other buells thunderbolts n lightnings, cyclones. I fell in love with how the sounded and looked like nothing else i ever seen before or since, n how you could see everthing on the bike nothing was hidden , like a work of art showing off all its details. i thought how nice n cool it would be have one of those bikes. then a year or 2 later the X1 lightning came out, and made my mind up then that one day when could afford it i would own a buell. well have a Buell now, not a X1 (yet) but a XB12R Buell . funny thing is i cant remember which kinda of buell the race bike was, dont think i asked them that, i was to awe struck, from these buells.

Nativxb12rBuell
    that is an amazing story

Mine would have to be when i was still in highschool and i really wanted a bike but always got the cause you'll kill yourself speach(kind of like the "you'll shoot your eye"). So being a told no, instead of buying i would just go into the different dealerships from time to time and look at bike. Then one day i stepped into the harely dealership and saw this blue and amber bike out of the corner of my eye and feel in love with the firebolt. From that day i knew i would get me a buell. I must admit i almost had my heart flipped by a friend who got a triumph but i stayed true to my heart haha :D

I've had a '77 XLCR for 21 years; that was my "15yr old" dream bike. Buell had my attention when they came out ('84? in dealership), but they were always too odd - for decades. Kind of gave up on them.

My BIL's 1125R awakened my attention to the make again this summer and I focused on the XB when I realized how much of the 1125R is unuseable on the street. But, I want that chassis and torque. The more I study and ride the XBs, the more I believe they are one of the best for street riding. I hope to own one soon. Couple of bids in.

yeah,,goin back to the tubers is when I caught on. but i was thinkin knobbies & crash bars all the way. lol. the XB set the stage for the streetfighter cruiser type. Hell, i only see "stunt" bike when i look at mine.

My childhood dream bike was a ducati monster. . . for as long as i could remember I was going to get my motorcycle license and buy a monster and no one would know that it was even a ducati and I would ride it around and fool people (i was like 10-12). Over the years and through research of street fighters and naked I stumble across the Lightning. . . Love at first sight. I've been drooling over lightnings for a few years now and recently was able to purchase one :0 ) my buddies ride I4's and or cruisers and all but one give me constant sh!t for buying a buell. The one who doesn't give me sh!t for it is the only one who has Rode the Lightning.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast