Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: bar end mirrors

I just mounted a set of bar end mirrors in place of my stock ones.The field of veiw is great,but I have to look down breifly to check the veiw.It's about the same time as it takes to check my speed,but it doesn't feel natural,not second nature like with stock.I was wondering if I will adapt or is this a flaw of the bar end set up?Has anybody else used them?They do make the bike look bad ass though.

I just put some on and I agree with you. It feels weird at first, you find yourself naturally looking at where your mirrors "used to be". It takes a little getting use to, but in the end they are much, much better. I particularly like them while on the expressway. When i'm tucked down it is actually in a better position than the stock ones. I feel alot safer just looking a bit left or right, than having to look up and left or right. I can pay more attention to the road.

Is the image clearer due to less vibration? I've been thinking of going with bar ends just for the style and figured the view couldn't be any blurrier than the stocker, right?

you get used to it...

H&H, the image is as clear as crystal. not less, but no vibration at all

Thanks Fox, that's what I was hoping to hear

I bought a $8 bicycle bar-end mirror from the local bicycle shop. I wanted to see if I liked bar-ends before spending the bucks for "real" ones. It is really pretty good. Not much vibration, holds in the wind, easy to adjust, etc. Could be better quality glass. But hey, $8 ;) I went back to the bicycle shop and told the guys that they can now say their mirrors have been tested to 80 MPH! I like them and will probably ask for a "real" pair of bar-ends for Christmas.

CRG was the best deal I could find. I spent about $60 on the mirrors and $20 on the adaptor's, each. Well worth the money.

I also got the cheap ones from a bike shop to see if I would like them,and they work great.So now I don't feel so bad about spending the money on a set of CRG's.

CRG was the best deal I could find. I spent about $60 on the mirrors and $20 on the adaptor's, each. Well worth the money.
    dozer, got mine, same as on my duc 35$ complete...
    crg is pretty expensive => quality, but expensive

They are definitely heavy duty. I tipped my bike over this weekend on the right side, ( in my f-ing parking lot at work) was turning around to back into a spot, just filled the tank and made a noob mistake. Left the wheel cranked, looked behind me and started backing up, got a bit heavy and I couldnt hold it, so I barely laid it down. Thankfully all that happened was a busted right footpeg, and my mirror folded in. NO OTHER DAMAGE!!! :D . I am convinced that the mirrors saved a dent in the frame/tank. If I didnt have those bar ends I would be crying right now. Well worth the money. A little touch up paint for the mirror and a new peg and im back on the road.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast