Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: bar end mirrors

K, went with a cheapo set of mtn bike mirrors (Axiom) on my bike. Have Rizoma bars and made a threaded insert for them. Work awesome, need a little refinement on the brackets, but have convinced me that bar ends are the way to go. With the stock mickey mouse ears all I could see were my shoulders, Oberon, Rizoma, all good. May end up makin my own. Bar ends are definately the way to go tho'

Falcon - I have pro-taper bars that have a real small ID. not sure what the stock bars were. I bought them online... I'll try and find the site again. I love them, no vibration at all.

I read some of the previous threads and have to make a comment on looking down at the mirrors. I used to find myself looking in the stock mirrors all the time, now I only look when stopping or changing lanes. I think it is actually safer (for me anyway) I am less distracted while riding, I don't find myself wandering between looking forward and looking in the mirror's anymore.

Thanks EVLXB! I might just try them as well!

anyone have a picture of these bar end on a firebolt? id like it see them

Wow, these oberons look great!!!
    How hard is to get those "pins" that holds the hnad-guards off the bars on the XB9S? Does it give a headache?

Evlxb - was just thinking the same thing the other day. when i noticed my right side was slightly off and couldn't see the road. so next time i stopped i fixed it. then it occured to me, I hardly ever look in them anymore except when I "need" to see what's behind me. Yet i know earlier i was always glancing here and there. So they work, and I also spend less time looking at what's behind me, and more time what's in front

Ok. I just lost my head and could not stand another second with the big bug eye mirrors. I stopped by Cycle Gear and bought some bar end mirrors off the shelf (and some LED Turn Signals!). They (the mirrors) would not expand quite enuff to fit inside the bar but I did the electrical tape mod. All good now. Plenty of visibility and NO VIBRATION! Rock on! Love 'em. Just could not wait for the Oberons!

Thanks for the incentive though!

EVLXB that bike looks killer...LOVE the mirrors especially. Bike just sits "right" but.....is that front tire mounted backwards or is it just me?

How do you remove the stock plugs in the end of the bars to get the new mirrors on. I have a set of Oberons on the way.

Vise Grips! :p Most just rip them out. No bolts or tricks, they're just pressed & glued in I believe.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast