Thread: Sleek DIY Breather Mod

I saw all the breather mods out there and just wasnt happy with the look and placement of them. So i dug this outta my brain. Pics are pretty self explanatory. Ill edit this later with more information. enjoy for now

Hummm, looks like another option. I would question the plug bolt next to the injector intake, if it got in there goodbye motor. Just a thought.

is the shop doing your oil? i would question how much is being put in, it looks to have been overfilled a few times, thats more 'mist' than normal.

i went simple, see pic below, although i switched to a different SS filter shortly after. the two holes next to the IAT sensor were plugged with rubber stoppers of the correct size, installed from underneath and the breather hoses T'd together just below the small filter

The bolt it's really stuck in there good I can pull it out. If I can't pull it out it's never going to come out. I have to unscrew the bold then take the hose out to get it out. As for over filling the oil it's at the right leave now. The pervious owner could have been over filling it. I'm not bashing your set up but isn't the point of the breather to keep it away for getting sucked in to the motor?

normally, there is only a fine, oily mist the breathers release into the intake track. my simple setup moved the breather outside the filter allowing the mist to escape without dumping it directly into the velocity stack.

never had an issue with that setup, tons of air entering through the right scoop and outer openings so the mist would blow behind the outer filter area but i rarely had to clean anything out of there.

sure its ultimately better to have a catch can setup but i never saw the need after doing that mod.

That's a good way of hiding it... but I'd be concerned about the hole you just put into the inner-filter area to reroute your breather. It might not be a bad idea (for those thinking about doing this in the future) to put a hole in the outer area of the airbox like typeone, but send it down the snorkel like 01q_wrx_02.

Me? I just sent it down the back, put the filter under the seat behind the frame, and hid a 9" drain tube down the inside of the passenger peg rails.