Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just bought a buell what to do???

ok Hawk exaust for sure now not the drummer but hawk and K&N being only performance mods will i need to get a custom map or dyno my bike?

being only performance mods will i need to get a custom map or dyno my bike?
    After installing and a TPS reset I'd burn the Race ECM onto your stock ECM. I understand that Randy will provide you with it. You'll have to get an ECMSpy cable and download the manual and program here: ECMSpy Download

ok how easy is that...your talking to a 16year old water head...dads a mechanic and doesnt want me messing to much with performance his idea being the more you mess with the more likely your going to screw something up...i already fried 650 rotax in our DSX bombardier because a friends dad made a fuel mixture adjustment ran too rich and now i got no compression havent torn it apart yet

Best place to start is to read about the basics and how it works through the manual that comes with the ECMSpy download link I have above. After that, post up specific questions you may have.

You're 16 and used to computers and tech. stuff - you'll be fine, just do your research 'cause it is possible to screw up your ECM.

alright thanks steven im sure ill have more questions as i start getting things working and parts coming in this winter

ok another noob ?
    ok K&N iriduim plugs and Hawk exaust and i do the ECMSpy download that my ecm the download is free?
    or would it just be safer to go with a DYNO/How much$$$???

Well with your guys info and everything ive gotten from this place this is what ive got so far. Iam done for now, but i would like to get a bigger right side scoop if anyone's got ideas on that

Where is your left side scoop... And have you looked at the factory right side scoop from the uly rider comfort kit?

First off the 03 bikes are very durable. I have read all kinds of durability problems and my 03 hasn't had any of them. Second it's good to see you wear the gear. I can't tell if you have boots on or not but I reccomend some. And under jeans leg armor does great, check out the Knox stuff at sportbiketrackgear.

Now for some parts

my favorite mod so far is clubman bars, the bike handles very different with them.

A pipe is a personal thing. I like my D&D but it's loud as hell. A micron will turn it into a monster and I would have one if they didn't regularly go fo 700-900 bucks. Check out special ops for a cheeper muffler mod. He is a bit backed up right now so get in contact as soon as you can to be riding come spring.
    Odie (of spec ops) also has heat barriers they help a great deal in the summer, they Lso keep the intake from heating up so you can get colder air in the intake longer.

Bar ends are a very nice mod as well. I have the CRG lane splitters and love them. The ability to fold them is something I use more than I thought I would.

If you can pick up a pulley set from a used bike or one being parted I would do that too. The '03 belts have smaller teeth and are narrower and tend to strip or break entirely.

I have scoops from ASB and they do great. I don't know about the comfort kit scoops personally but they are cheeper.

But most of all just ride the heck out of it.

Oh yea header wrap can sometimes leave your headers looking nasty when you take it off and every once in a while you hear about somebody cracking their header somehow with the wrapping. No idea how they do it but just as a warning. Personally I like the polished look. Take some fine grit sand paper and go to town on it. They will look silver at first and then turn gold as they heat cycle a few times.

Who made the pipe you have now? It looks spec ops hawk or other nodded exhaust. Did you already spring for one and I overlooked your post on it?

(I'm surfing on my phone while my computer is down so it's harder to read it all and I tend to skim instead)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast