Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just bought a buell what to do???

Hi im 16 and just bought an '03 XB9S and trying to figure out what to and not to do. Need advice and openions please before I spend money. (love performance, mpg and I really wanna take care of my new baby and make her last forever)
    Iam looking at getting Bar end mirrors, K&N filter, header wrap, and i was looking at a Jardine pipe but open to options.
    -Thanks! :)

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the bike bro.
    Mods are great, once you get started they are addicting. Go through the "Do-it-yourself" threads and find all the stuff previous people have done. The search option is very confusing but it's getting modified for easier clearification.

Hopefully one of the guys can link you to a thread that has a great overview for new members.

Good luck and ask as many questions that you have.

p..s. The Jardin is probably one of the loudest pipes but you loose major torque/power and the maintenance and quality sucks!!!

RJ

Hey kid,are you wealthy or something? Just learn how to tame the Buell and don't let the Buell tame you.It's a greaqt bike and you will have lot's of fun on it.:D

Congrats on the bike. Post up some pics here is a post by stevenc150 with lots of info clickity click here

Nah iam not wealthy moms a teacher. Just a hard working kid trying to have some fun and save up some for college:D. I love it lightweight, easy to handle and cheap on the insurence. So happy I didnt go with a 250 ninja:). Step dads kinda got a nice job though 03 fatboy 16in apes, 06 streetglide, and 08 1125r. Were an american bike family. Thanks for the help. Ill try to post up some pics when I get done and am ready for the new season.;)

Welcome to the Forum Bard and the Buell "family". Here's 2 good threads in case you haven't stumbled on them: New Bueller Info and Buell Performance-Where to Begin. Look forward to the pics.

Just ride it like it is for the rest of the season. Then decide what you want and can afford to do. If you don't ride it before you change it you won't really have any appreation for any mods you do. I will second the thoughts on the Jardine. Had one for 3 weeks and hated it.

Iam waiting till after winter to mod. Ive put some miles on it (300myself) and its at 5.5k right now, but I dont know what pipe to choose really drummer, spec ops, or what ever. I want something to rumble and help performance for around $300-400 if someone has a suggestion.
    If I wrap the heads, K&N filter and change exaust should I re-map or what ever?

Huge Exhaust Thread and ASB Exhuast shootout - (Click on "XB Exhaust Shootout Test Report" link & Save for soundclips and stats)

if u want a tail chop let me know.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast