Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car drivers that dont look....

Couldnt agree more mate bikes can be replaced but a person cant.. But knowing I will be ok I now turn to my sad looking bike.. Good thing is that all can be fixed..:)

Lol! It seems no matter what hits the ground first, me, bike, mtb, truck, whatever...... I always check the vehicle first, If I'm able....
    I know bones and **** heal, it's just that my vehicles, whether it's my streetbike, my dirtbike, my mtb or my FJ, they're my babies, and if they get wrecked, I'm more concerned about them than myself. To a certain degree, I regenerate, they don't....
    That being said. I still get back on the 'horse' and ride.
    Cheers. :D

Cheers to that...:D

The ONLY wreck I've had, was a parked car doing an illegal U-turn. On the parkway of all places. No cross streets.

Bad news! Hope you mend soon...sounds like you had nowhere to go when he stopped in front of you.
    Just an FYI...whenever I see a car stopped on my right, I watch a)brakelights (if they go out I brake, assuming they're pulling out ahead of me)...and b) if there are no brakelights showing, I watch their FRONT wheels...if they start to turn left....holy **it!

All very easy to say I know, and...this is from a guy (me) who hit MY OWN car while riding a mates bike, wrote off both vehicles! Don't ask...it's a long time ago!

Happy thanksgiving from Canada!;)

glad to hear your ok and the bike isnt totaled. I always look bor bikes when im in my car just force of habit i guess.

My main gripe with car drivers is not only that they dont look out for us but the fact that I always leave about 5 car lengths between me and the person in front and cars will pass me and jump in front and turn.

That sucks that you and your bike got hurt because of some dumb a$$ that doesnt look in his rearview before making a u-turn. I am constantly on the horn because of idiots that dont give a proper look before changing lanes.

Unfortunatly i think you should have been able to avoid the accident so as it works here in USA you would be at fault. You say you were going 25mph and had 2 cars between. If you were paying close attention then you should have easily been able to avoid that wreck. I took the safety riders course to get my license and one of the things they have you do is an emergency stop going 25mph. it only takes about 5-6 ft max to stop completly at that speed. Im not trying to harp on you brotha and i feel your pain. Its no doubt the fault of the idiot driver making that u-turn and then stopping half way in his excecution... thats the way we see it. The problem is the judge will see it as you should have been paying better attention and avoided the accident.

Is still sucks that it happened. sorry man!

Yeah about 2 years ago my roommate was on his way to class one morning doing about 40 on an 89 zx6 when a girl in a toyota 4 runner started to make a right hand turn from a stop sign into his lane. He didnt have time to brake so he hit her right behind the front tire. This of course sent him in a flip onto and then off of the hood. He landed infront of the suv... The girl in shock never hit the brakes so she proceeded to run over his arm and then kept driving about 30-40 ft before she pulled off the road... My roomy got up asked the first person who came out their house if he could use their computer where he purchased full coverage insurance. All n' all he ended up with a broken finger which required surgery a lil road rash and an $18,000 check.

sorry to hear that. If you are going to fix it youself let us all know what parts you need and ill give ya some if I have have what you need.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12