Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Sad day as Buell shuts its doors.

maybe i am confused .
    Victory i think is a sub company of Bombardier. aka Polaris.wich i belive was oridnally based in canada?
    now Minn.
    yes i bought a buell cause i wanted an American Sport bike not a rice burner

google search results ady for polaris/ victory
    Mailing Address
    Polaris Industries, Inc.
    2100 Highway 55
    Medina, MN 55340

M V is nothing but italian **** the same as fiat and we have a saying in Englan Fix It Again Tommorow take the initials i'am sick of this **** i have always liked Harley the true v twin motorbike but to be tunned with a killer chassis and running gear and it is different this is a bike of dreams why did Eric use a Rotax engine in the 1125 cr i think this marked the end of the love affair and in these financial times its all got ontop of Buell really really dissapointed

I heard this news yesterday and thought this really sucks. I have an 06 Uly which has been through all the crappy electrics dramas and (touch wood) has been reliable ever since.

I think the only people this is going to hurt are the folk who want to trade in their existing Buell.... in which case Yes, you're probably screwed... But why do that? We all think Buells are the best bikes. We all have the dream bike, regardless of model. If you had to pick any bike to own, what would you choose? Someone with Erik Buell's vision will pop back up somewhere in the future for sure and in the meantime HD are required by contractural law to supply parts and servicing to existing customers.

So.... we still have the best bikes and are guaranteed the same level of mediocre support from HD as always.

The winners, in my opinion are the folk just about to buy a new Buell, they'll get a Buell for buttons!! Lucky swines :)

Stay positive, and have hope.
    http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/20/b...hd-brand-a-li/

Special K!
    Central Texas Hill Country Hellbuellies
    "I'm a HellBuelly! What the hell are you?"

"Sans la Buell la Vie serait une Erreur"
    "Without Buell, life would be a serious mistake."

- Frederich Bueller Nietzsche

I hope buell comes out alive!

A little insite from the other side.

Talked to a guy at the gas station today, he's a old school biker, you can tell by the old tattoos and scars, late 50's maybe. Told me about his old Knuckle head he is rebuilding but hes a little short on cash because of lack of work. He was checking out my bike when I was pumping gas. He said he had more respect for Buell and what they were doing than Harley. Said he would never own a new Harley, said they sold out on themselves Years ago. He was pissed they closed Buell, He told me that he would never own a sport bike and never really liked Buell for the bikes just what they were doing. As he was leaving he said Buell was more American in every way than Harley has been for the last 20 years and Buell should be the one still open and building bikes.

I guess the only people that still like Harley are the weekend bad asses with the black cutoff sleeve t-shirt and cheesy goatees.

I couldn't really afford to pay off my 07 xb12s but I did it anyways. FU*# you Harley, send me my title you are not worthy to touch it. You will not get another cent of interest from me nor will you get a dime in the future! I was going to get a used streetglide but in light of these developments... ehhh no. I will badmouth your company at any and every opportunity I have you greedy shortsided dimwits.

What's going to happen to HD when the 50 and over crowd become too old to ride? Sales will eventually plumet and HD's stock will go into the toilet. Buell is the future for HD. There are alot of young people buying Japanese sport bikes. Perhaps HD is thinking they will eventually come over to HD when they reach middle age? I believe with the right marketing strategy Buell's new MC's would have taken a chunck out of the Japanese sport bike market.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789