Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad day as Buell shuts its doors.

...and make sure you dont sell your bikes now...their classics

I was watching a show last night how Martin Guitars has survived through the Great Depression and now the Great Recession 160+ years in business. During the hard times the offer a cheaper no-frills guitar made in America with American Quality. People buy them because they know they are getting a world class guitar...they will be in business for another 160 years.

I think this is where HD made a mistake. People "want" a HD motorcycle. This company has incredible brand loyalty. Just to get new customers who buy Jap bikes to get the "look of HD" They needed to offer no frills bikes along with the high $$ bikes. People would still buy them to get that HD quality and brand. Then in better economic time would buy the high $$ bike HD has to offer.
    To me it looks like HD has let a lot of people down. Workers and investors and innovators like Erik Buell. People who believe in the HD brand, quality, and family.
    Just a shame

I sure hope they make a comeback when the market turns around. They just can't be gone forever!

Harley-Davidson is on my official ****list now.

"Why is Harley-Davidson discontinuing Buell after the recent new product introductions, racing success and new brand efforts?
    The Company made the decision to discontinue the Buell product line as part of its strategy to focus on growth through the Harley-Davidson brand."

Harley aquired MV Agusta. How is that staying true to Harley. They're bringing an over priced piece of **** into the mix. MV will never take Harley where it needs to go. People will go to the Harley dealership to look at an MV and when they hear the price the people will go right over to the Jap bike dealer and buy a better performing bike for $5,000 less. An MV for $15,000 - $30,000? What REAL sportbike rider will buy something of that caliber? A real rider wants the reliability and also to know it's not going to cost their left nut for repairs if they go down in the canyon.

My rant is over........for now.

Wow I'm speechless. This totally blows.

Buell Cru...
    I just read the market report on this and it appears that they have either sold or dropped the MV Agusta line also, not sure witch, it was a little un clear.

Time to buy what you have wanted and hold on to it..

I still want to get an eleven twenty five are.

Sad day

Ok, I re read it now that i'm almost over my nausea and it is clear, The Agusta is dropped as well. :( The motorcycle comunity is losing two amazing lines of machines today.

wow, this is completely unexpected and horrible, think i'm gonna be sick

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast