Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad day as Buell shuts its doors.

Ok, I just want to make sure this is out there...

F**K YOU HARLEY!!!!!

The Agusta is dropped as well.
    I don't think they scuttled Agusta, It sounds like they are selling off the company.

Harley-Davidson will now begin actively looking for a buyer for MV Agusta to continue along the development of the brand as an outstanding manufacturer of premium, Italian performance motorcycles.
    Full Article from MV Agusta's site

I hate HD and there new image, I hate HD and there business. I want to vomit

Im so sad.

I can't really explain it.

I really thought they were here to stay.

I'm just as pissed as everyone. Maybe thats why Buell came out w/ the new motor? Was the writing on the wall? Sounds like a back door deal w/ Harley and Honda to get rid of Buell. Harley and Honda have worked together before to pressure the EPA against custom builders and that market. Buell was dominating in NHRA and now sportbike racing, why just shut the doors? There has to be more to the story.

Like others have said; this is very sad news to me also. My first three bikes were BSA's now gone, a Hodaka now gone, a Penton now gone, a Maico now gone, six real Husky's now gone. Wish I had kept them, but still have fond memories. My XB9 City Cross is a great bike, with real right now good times, and I will ride it until age and time allows. :(:(:(

Hmm so the warranty's will be honored, but will extended warranties be offered?

****!

Since Mr Buell doesn't go on with his company after HD drops him, I assume it means Buell can't stand on its own feet, but maybe someone else can pick them up? (they're selling MV Agusta, why not sell Buell too?)
    Anyway, I hope this can be undone somehow. It all depends on how HD/Buell were connected I guess.

It was Buell's alignment with HD that killed it. The problems HD has with quality control and reliability has reflected poorly on a quality product.

I hope they will spin off, that would be nice.

I'm kind of curious what the next weeks/months hold. Why would they shut down buell instead of selling it? They must have plans for it.

Was the 1125 a last-ditch effort to save the company or a roadmap to a change involving an end-game with Harley?

Erik will be back. We need to all just stay positive

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast