Thread: THE END OF BUELL - AS WE KNOW IT

A sad day. I just saw Eric's video clip and feel so bad for him. I've owned my XB9S for three years now and love the bike. My plan is to buy some regular spares - pads, belt etc. So I can keep on Buelling.
    Harley? Well, like any other company that's in trouble, they have to drop the baggage and go with what they know will bring in the dollars and keep the shareholders happy. The banks are more to blame than Harley - they are the ones that started this crap.
    Just be proud that you have a bike that contiues to inspire. I'm one proud Bueller tonight.
    A bittersweet posting on a first class forum.

Canadaxb,
    well said where are you from? There are a few of us Buellers located in Edmonton. Yes its a sad day indeed and good idea to store up on some spare parts.

It was an interesting/sad day....felt bad for Eric and all Buelligans....There are a few Buelligans in southern Ontario Canada...including myself...but not many....everyone else on two wheels does a second look to see what is between our legs...Keep it tween the ditches...

So long as there are buells being riden all over the world and people that love them then buell will last forever.. Nothings over till its over and as long as there is so many people out there that still have a love for this motorcycle Eric can stand tall and know that his dream will last forever..

As I said in the other forum - Harley Davidson is closing Buell so they can bring out 9 new Tired & Dressed up overweight Biker bikes.. Last year I sold my Buell XB9S and bought a HD VRSCB VROD - it had plenty of power but it was about as fun & maneuverable as a bus.. Recently I sold it and bought a Buell XB12SS - I'm back in the saddle on a fun bike. Harley isn't selling Harley Davidson bikes, Buell isn't the problem. You can practically get a custom chopper with a bigger engine & bigger back tire for the same money, that's why they aren't selling not to mention no one is able to get credit right now. It's not Buell and I am furious with Harley Davidson, I will never buy another Harley Davidson. Buell is a much better bike, a much more reliable bike, and a much more fun bike to ride. The Davidson's are selfish losers..

Well said...

It's pretty pathetic if you ask me! No reason for this to happpen...I could see if the Buells were junk but they aren't so how could they let this happen...a bit aggrevating!

Ghost et al.
    HD couldn't the forest for the trees. I don't think they realized how many people were brought into HD show rooms because of Buell.
    I have have the body type one expects to see on a Fat Bob instead of an XB12Ss, but my knees are still young enough for the Buell. Plus the Buell is the most affordable bike in an HD show room. Only the 883 is less expensive.
    With Buell kicking ass in AMA this year, sales were on there way up despite the economy.
    Buell is too great a product to just vanish. I am still holding out hope that Buell will be bought by investors who love Buell and the innovation that comes from there.