Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error Codes

I have an 07 Uly that has had its share of problems in the first 6000 miles. I just got it back from the dealership from a warranty muffler replacement (and a tire change which resulted in a warranty bearing and axle replacement).

Anyway...to the problem. I was riding it home and the check engine light came on. Being so pissed at all I have been going through I rode it home anyway.

Disconnecting the battery does not make the light go away. I have found on several forums that people jumper 2 pins to read out the codes on the dash (perhaps a blinking engine light that you count and chart). Does anyone here have experience with this?

Any thoughts as to what to tackle first?

Well $hit the bed, my local shop will read it out for free. And this whole time I have been avoiding them like the plague.

I'll update with what I learn.

Here's this so you'll have it in case you ever need it. - Checking Engine codes w/o ECMSpy. Hope you get it sorted.

Went last night to the local harley shop. As promised they looked at it for free. The tech there had about 1/2 hour into trying to connect but couldn't make it happen.

They have a new computer showing up later this week, perhaps that one will recognize it. I appreciate their efforts and found that I like their tech better than the Buell dealer (that is 2 hours away).

Thanks much for the link. I was all over looking for some specifics on doing that. I'll give it a shot. Hope I don't fry anything!

Guess I should have printed it off when I had the chance...the link hasn't worked for me since my 1st visit. Son of a B.

Well, if anyone happens to have the page info copied I would appreciate it. The page still will not load.

Thanks

I had the same result as you, but now it seems the page is back up and running. Better hurry. ;)

Actually, I'll take some quick screenshots in case it goes down again.

Edit: Got the screen-shots in case you need them if the site goes down again.

Finally got it. Saved it out in HTML. I plan to retype it in this forum...that site is so unreliable!

OK....this says just behind the steering head. Mine is under the seat. Anyone have experience with this on the 07 or newer? I'd rather not blow mine up if someone has done it already!!!!!

That was written for the '02 earlier Buells but the method works for the newer bikes also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast