Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Error Codes

Hoping images showed up above this. This is the connector that I am trying to figure out. It is not labeled as 1,2,3,4 as the bcrider article shows. I know mine is newer, but does anyone know what they are doing with this? I don't want to just start trying.

Thanks

OK....well it's been weeks and I have gotten no suggestions or responses that have helped....so I took it to the dealer.

I am by no means incapable as a mechanic, but I didn't do the basics. After a scan of the uly, the guy found that there was an error code relating to the motor that does the exhaust butterfly valve. He searched all over and found nothing obvious. Then he looked at the fuses...it was blown. He replaced the fuse and cleared the code.....nothing has returned yet.

So, for $60 you can get your fuse changed at the dealer, or you could ignore all the computer controlled crap and try not to think about sensors and stuff right away....and check the fuses.

Who would have thought, a check engine light for a blown fuse. BTW...this fuse is also horn and taillight, neither of which I have apparently had a use for in this time!

Just to add/update this post, I recently had a Jardine RT1 exhaust put on my 07 xb12r and found my engine light stuck on (also w/ popping exhaust and hot running motor) Come to find out I was told that the servo that was running the valve in the stock exhaust was stuck one way and drew too much current and blew the fuse. That same fuse is linked to the BRAKE light (tail running light should still work) and the HORN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12