Thread: Recall

So like many of you I got the notice in the mail concerning my 09 XB12Ss and how the front brake line might rub against the front tire. Anyone gone to the dealer to get this fixed? I got a call from my dealer the other day asking me to bring it in. Honestly, I've looked at my brake line and I have to press pretty firmly to get it to touch the tire. I think it's fine; I don't want them to re-route the line on the outside of the forks, don't like the way that looks. I know safety is important, but I don't see my brake line rubbing the tire unless I push it in firmly with my hand. Thoughts?

If you don't get it fixed it might void something else out of warranty

Super Moderator
    I'm not sure about voiding warranty. But it would be wise to have the record of having done all recalls to your bike.

You can always go back later and reroute it to your own specs.

i can not even imagine how this (rubbing against front tire) is possible with regular front fairing & tires. i can imagine this on my STT with highly placed fairing and nothing between the line & tire, but no way on "Ss" models.
    but even on STT i kind of pressed the suspension completely, jumped over, put all my weight on the front & still 1,5-2 inches from tire to brake line.
    so on my opinion rerouting is optional.

If the line is not rubbing, they put in new clamps that reposition the line so that it can never drift into the tire. Clamps are on order for mine. They will call me when they get the parts.

recall? I just bought my 09 xb12Ss and the dealer didn't say anything about a recall. Could it be that they fixed it before they sold it? What exactly does the recall state is the problem? thanks, amy