Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heated Hand Grips for an 09 XB12R

Anyone have the factory heated handgrips installed on their Firebolt/Uly/Lighting. I'm looking at getting them but Harley wants 2.5 hours worth of labor to do the install... which is more than the handgrips themselves. i was wondering if they'd be an easy DIY job. Anyone have the details?

i put the buell heated grips on my '08 xb9sx in about an hour and a half- real easy! especially beacause the 08 & 09's have the accessory plug already wired up behind the front fairing. just follow the instructions and you should have no problems. they work awesome also, i'll never have a bike without them anymore.

excellent thanks Joel, i wired a $35 set up to my old KTM, but I didn't feel comfortable jumping right in with the $189 list price on the Buell ones. but if the accessory plug is already wired up it shouldnt be so hard!

Ive decided thats my next upgrade. I dont want to stop riding because my hands are too cold.

How about $40 bucks and a good pair of gloves?

I've had 3 bikes with heated grips... it's truly hard to go without them =(

I plug in a thermostat from Aerostitch then into my jacket then into my gloves. Everything is toasty then. And you can even get socks, but it becomes a pain in the ass then with the wire going down your leg.

will they fit on a 12r or 9r? the buell website only says they fit the naked bikes...

i figured it has something to do with the upper fairing and probly hitting the sides...

Do you need to remove the stock grips and then put them back?

good question bc, i have no idea. i'll have to look into it, my 09 Firebolt has the switch port and i believe it has the plug under the front fairing. but the 08-10 are the only models set up for them, i believe. so the 9R would be out. or a prior model 12R

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast